|Goblin potion (1)|
|Release||12 November 2007 (Update)|
|Quest item||Land of the Goblins|
|High alch||7 coins|
|Low alch||5 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|One dose of goblin transmogrification potion.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Goblin potions are made by using toadflax potion (unf) with pharmakos berries for the Land of the Goblins quest. The potion transforms the player into a goblin, though it will wear off if "in direct sunlight", the player wears something un-goblin related or if the player attacks something. It requires 37 Herblore to make the 3-dose potion and yields 85 experience. The potion cannot be made via the Assist System.
This item is also used for the Contract Claws Archaeology mystery.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|85 XP||-||2 (1.2s) / 1 (0.6s) [r 1]||-|
|Partially complete: Land of the Goblins|
|Toadflax potion (unf)||1||9,421||9,421|
- ^ When mixing a single potion
Uses[edit | edit source]
Other than getting inside the Goblin Temple for Land of the Goblins, its only other uses are to complete the Hopespear's Will miniquest; and to enter Aquarius portal in the Infernal Source as part of the Contract Claws Archaeology mystery.
Messages[edit | edit source]
Talking to Makeover Mage during the quest:
- You should only drink it in the area you're going to need it, so you don't waste it. It will reverse itself if you are in direct sunlight or if you perform a strenuous activity like fighting. It will also reverse itself if you try to wear anything that goblins don't normally wear.
Drinking the potion in the wrong area:
- There is no point in drinking the potion until you are near the entrance to the secret goblin temple.
Drinking the potion while wearing items:
- You must unequip all your items before transforming into a goblin.
Drinking the potion:
- You drink some goblin transmogrification potion.
Drinking the last dose:
- You have finished your goblin transmogrification potion.
Fighting while being a goblin:
- You are caught and thrown out of the goblin temple.
Attempting to equip a Raider Chainbody:
- Why won't this fit me? I know it fitted me as a human, and it must have fitted Hollowtoof... Oh I see! All this padding is false muscle to make Hollowtoof look bigger and stronger! Hah! I think I'll stick to regular goblin armour. If I get caught wearing this I'll never live it down.
Goblin selection[edit | edit source]
After drinking the potion, a window opens to select 1 out of 6 goblin types.
|Other types of goblins|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Fixed the scroll bar on the goblin interface shown after drinking a goblin transformation potion.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Players can no longer open the Equipment Stats tab when transformed as a goblin.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When in goblin form you cannot perform the goblin emotes (goblin salute and goblin bow).
- If you try to equip the Raider chainbody in goblin form, an amusing conversation pops up about how you are unable to equip it.
- Summoning any of the dead Goblin Priests also reverses the effects of the potion, as they can detect your deception and reverse it with their magic.
- While in this form, you can cast the Cabbage-Port spell with your Explorer's Ring. The cabbage will appear, but your character will not crouch to fit inside the plant.
- There used to be multiple glitches where players would be transformed into a goblin outside of the cave.
- Goblin potions were mentioned during The Mighty Fall, used by human Bandosians to infiltrate the tournament.
- It is not possible for the player to manually decant Goblin potions. However, decanting NPCs are still able to work with them, and are thus the only way a player can obtain a 4-dose Goblin potion.
|Part 4 of the Dorgeshuun quest series|