|Goblin Diplomacy (#15)|
|Release date||8 May 2001 (Update)|
|Main developer(s)||Paul Gower|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Goblin Diplomacy is the first goblin quest and it involves the player helping Generals Bentnoze and Wartface decide on a colour for their goblins' armour. The quest's plot is often referenced in other situations where two parties are fighting over a mere colour.
Official description[edit | edit source]
There's a disturbance in the Goblin Village. Help the goblins solve their dispute so the world doesn't have to worry about rioting goblins. Aim: to help the goblins decide which colour they will wear.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Goblin Village and talk to General Bentnoze or General Wartface.|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Getting started and Gathering the needed items[edit | edit source]
Talk to General Bentnoze or General Wartface in Goblin Village, in the Kingdom of Asgarnia, (located north of Falador, and east of Taverley). They will say that the goblin race wants a new armour colour for the new goblin century, but is on the brink of civil war over whether it should be red or green. You suggest picking a different colour, and they agree to take a look at a sample of armour in orange.
Ask the generals where you can get orange armour. Eventually, one will answer that you can dye Goblin mail orange. Grubfoot will mention "a goblin" stole yellow dye from a witch in Draynor village, and mentions you may be able to find it there. One of the generals will mention you can find goblin mail in some crates located around the village.
Grab three suits of goblin mail from the following crates:
- Behind the generals' hut
- Next to the western hut
- Up a ladder at the entrance of the camp
Making the dyes[edit | edit source]
You need to make orange and blue dye. Orange dye is made from combining red dye (3 redberries and 5 coins) with yellow dye (2 onions and 5 coins). If you do not already have the yellow and red dyes, take the supplies to Aggie the witch in Draynor village, then mix the yellow and red to create orange.
The generals' verdict[edit | edit source]
Dye one goblin mail orange and one blue.
Go back to Goblin Village and give the orange goblin mail to the generals. They will have Grubfoot try it on, and say they do not like it. They will ask for blue armour. Give them the Blue goblin mail. Again they will have Grubfoot try it on, and again it is rejected. They now want brown. Brown goblin mail can be found in crates in Goblin Village. Give them the plain brown Goblin mail. Grubfoot tries it on for the last time. They decide that the original colour, brown, is best after all.
Congratulations, quest complete!
Reward[edit | edit source]
- Music unlocked
- Goblin Village (Entering Goblin Village, does not require starting the quest)
Development team[edit | edit source]
Rework[edit | edit source]
- Developer: John A
- Quality Assurance: Jennie T
- Graphics: Damian C
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Goblin Diplomacy is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- A Void Dance
- Another Slice of H.A.M.
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Death to the Dorgeshuun
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Devious Minds
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Hopespear's Will
- Kennith's Concerns
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Land of the Goblins
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Quiet Before the Swarm
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Salt in the Wound
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Chosen Commander
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- The Slug Menace
- The Temple at Senntisten
- The Void Stares Back
- Full completion of The World Wakes
- While Guthix Sleeps
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This quest used to be started by talking to the Bartender in Port Sarim.
- This quest has a reward of 5 Quest Points, the third most possible for a quest, exceeded only by the 6 from Merlin's Crystal and the 10 from Recipe for Disaster and Dimension of Disaster. However, it is extremely easy compared to other quests that have the same reward.
- After this quest, the goblins won't fight any more.
- However, with the goblin village rework, if you talk to a goblin that says Go away smelly human! with another goblin close to you, the goblin will begin attacking the other one.
- If you talk to Grubfoot when he's wearing the blue armour he'll say it makes him feel sad when you make a pun asking if he feels blue.
|Removed or significantly changed|
|Italics denote that the quest was demoted to a miniquest.|