A goat is an animal found in the Kharidian Desert south and south-west of Nardah. They also can be found west of the Kalphite Hive along the coastline. They drop horns used in Herblore to create combat potions, and used as Summoning tertiary ingredients in infusing smoke devil pouches. The greatest amount of spawns are west of the Kalphite lair (accessible via fairy ring BIQ; however, the goats near Nardah are much closer to a bank.
The goats at Nardah additionally spawn alongside 2 Billy goats, which have similar drops and count as goats for Menaphos City Quest purposes.
After completing the medium set of Desert achievements, the desert horn is sometimes dropped as a note rather than the actual item.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- hotfix 12 June 2017 (Update):
- Desert goats now increment correctly when killed on a random quest task.
- patch 26 October 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the leg movements on various goats.
- Since 'Billy' goats, the male of species, are a different creature, all 'goats' are does or nannies, the females. The images support this idea, as the billy is larger than the nanny, a common sexual dimorphism trait among many mammal species.