Gnome glider hangar
|Gnome glider hangar|
|Release||6 December 2004 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Gnome glider hangar or Underground Military Glider Hangar is a secret military hangar located under the Gnomeball pitch.It is accessed during and after the quest Monkey Madness by talking to Daero. The player travels there from the Grand Tree, and can travel to Crash Island, which can be used to access Ape Atoll.
Halfway during Monkey Madness, the player is taken by Daero to this underground military hangar, which was previously planned to be used as one of the launch sites for Glough for his domination plan. Here, the player meets up with Waydar, who explains to Daero that the 10th Squad's standard gliders must have been blown away by the tropical weather, whereas he would be using a superior, refined version in hope of locating them.
Dungeon info[edit | edit source]
|Gnome glider hangar|
|Requirements||Started Monkey Madness|
|Databox • Talk page|
Reinitialisation Panel puzzle[edit | edit source]
Glough has set up a mechanism in the facility which shuts down the power periodically, and it must be re-initialised to deploy these military gliders. To bring back power to the hangar and allow the military gliders to fly, a slider puzzle must be solved on the Reinitialisation Panel.
Speak to Daero and begin the puzzle by clicking on the panel in the south-eastern region of the hangar, in front of the long pipe. The objective is to rearrange the scrambled tiles to create a complete picture. There are two choices to complete the puzzle:
- The player can solve the puzzle themselves; for help, see the puzzle box guide.
- The middle and bottom tile on the left-most column look similar, but the latter has a darker shade of blue and the cloud is positioned slightly lower. Also, avoid logging out or teleporting as the puzzle will reset.
- Alternatively, the player can pay 200,000 coins to Glough as a bribe (he is located in the tree house south-east of the Grand Tree). This option leaves the puzzle with only a single piece out of place.
Transportation[edit | edit source]
During and after the quest, the hangar can only be accessed by talking to Daero on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree, in Blurberry's Bar. He blindfolds the player and transports them back to the hangar.
Players can leave the hangar at any time using the teleportation device at the hangar's south end, click operate on the south part of the device. This will drop the player off near the west side of the Tree Gnome Stronghold. This is the same location that players are taken to when they ask Waydar to leave when on Crash Island. Players can also talk to Waydar in the hangar to be transported to Crash Island.
Regardless of whether the player solved the puzzle themselves or paid Glough to do it, they're now ready to fly south. During the quest, the player needs to first speak to Daero, and then to Waydar – who reminds the player to stock up on food and anti-poison before leaving.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 January 2020 (Update):
- Typo in examine text for the Hangar Table seen in the Gnome glider hangar has been corrected.
- patch 31 August 2011 (Update):
- The glider puzzle has been updated to alter tiles that were too similar.
- update 25 May 2011 (Update):
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Clarified the messages when paying Glough to help with the puzzle during Monkey Madness.
- Adjusted the interface graphics for a puzzle in Monkey Madness.
- patch 26 October 2009 (Update):
- Improved the blindfold models used in Monkey Madness when speaking to Daero in the hangar.
- patch 8 July 2009 (Update):
- Improved the sound effects of the reinitialisation puzzle in Monkey Madness.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Daero, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape. "Welcome, adventurer, to the Underground Military Glider Hangar."
- ^ Daero, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape.
- Player: Where is the hangar?
- Daero: We try to ensure the location of the hangar remains a secret. If you must know something, then know that it lies directly beneath the Gnomeball pitch. However, I cannot reveal the location of its entrance.
- ^ Daero, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape. "This hangar was part of Glough's contingency planning. Had the attacks by land and sea failed, he would have turned to air. It is fortunate that you managed to expose him. The military gliders in this hangar are a prototype for a much refined version of the standard variety we currently use."
- ^ Waydar, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape.
- Daero: ...as you know, the 10th squad went missing during their mission to decommission the eastern shipyard of Karamja. We still do not know what happened, but evidence suggests they were blown far off course to the south.
- Waydar: Their standard gliders must have fallen prey to the tropical weather.
- Daero: When reinitialisation has been completed, you are to fly to the south of Karamja with Player and accompany him/her on the mission.
- ^ Daero, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape.
- Player: What is reinitialisation?
- Daero: Glough left a code on the facility, which periodically needs to be entered if we wish to maintain the supply of power. Without going through the process of reinitialisation, we cannot power the mechanism which deploys the military gliders.
- ^ Glough, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape. "Oh... just a measly 200,000 gold pieces. Yes, I think that will do me nicely."
- ^ Glough, "Monkey Madness", RuneScape.
- Glough: Very well, then listen carefully. The glider hangar is the pride of the stronghold. It is well guarded... and alarmed. Were I to completely reinitialise the gliders from here it would trigger the hangar alarms. I'd rather my people didn't know I was assisting a human.
- Player: So you can't reinitialise the gliders after all?
- Glough: Hear me out! I can set the hangar control panel so that you need only move one final piece to complete the reinitialisation.
- Player: Got it, so when I get back to the control panel I need move the last piece to complete the reinitialisation. That way no alarms will be set off.
- Glough: Finally, you're catching on.
|Part 3 of the Gnome quest series • Part 1 of the Monkey quest series|