|Release date||28 January 2003 (Update)|
|Location||Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Skills involved||Agility, Ranged|
|In spotlight rotation||No|
|Custodians||Gnome ball referee|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Gnome Ball is a members-only minigame in which one or more players aim to score goals against gnome ballers. This is done by throwing the gnomeball into the goal. Cheerleaders near the field will root the player on, announcing each goal and winning of the game. Ranged experience is gained each time the ball is thrown, and Ranged and Agility experience when a goal is scored. When players enter the field, they should talk to the gnome ball referee to learn the rules and how to play.
Location[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Gnome Ball has a long history amongst the gnomes, and is a major part of their culture. Many gnomes, such as Speedy Sam The Striker, Great Thunder Legs MacKnee, and Norda 'Steal Arms' van Druman have earned their living as famed Gnome Ball players. Mad Donna and Hugh are also gnome ball players.
Playing the game[edit | edit source]
- When you are ready to shoot, simply click on the goal, and you will shoot it. You will either score, or not.
- When you reach 5 points, the game is won.
- Only a gnomeball can be equipped in your main-hand slot during the match. Nothing else can be equipped, and the gnomeball cannot be removed. You can wear armour and capes, though.
- You cannot log out while in the field.
- You can only pass to the gnome wingers. This is optional, and they will pass back.
- When a gnome baller tackles you, you will take a small amount of damage.
- Goals cannot be scored from behind the gnome goal.
Tactics[edit | edit source]
A good tactic in Gnome Ball is to pass to a gnome winger from the referee, before running quickly to a spot on the pavement. Remember that the spot directly in front of the gnome goal won't get you hurt by other Gnome Ball players, but this spot is not a very good for scoring a goal. The best place to do this is just a little bit in front of the gnome goal, on the pavement. Another good tactic is to throw it to a gnome winger, then stand on the stone pavement spots close to the fence. There is a slightly higher chance of missing by doing this, but it will increase the distance from which the ball may be thrown.
If players have level 90+ Ranged, simply clicking on the gnome goal after receiving the ball from the referee is the quickest way to score a goal.
If a player has less than 90 range, simply surge and spam the goal and its almost as fast as above.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- When players reach 5 points they win the game.
- First - 4 Agility and Ranged experience.
- Second - 5 Agility and Ranged experience.
- Third - 6 Agility and Ranged experience.
- Fourth - 7 Agility and Ranged experience.
- Fifth - 5 Agility and Ranged experience, plus 25 experience bonus.
- When five points are obtained, players may talk to the gnome ball referee to receive a gnomeball.
A maximum of two gnomeballs can be obtained at a time from winning games. Once one has been obtained, attempting to play another game will remove the first ball from your inventory. Winning another game, obtaining a second ball, and then leaving the pitch without talking to the referee again will result in having two gnomeballs.
Note: If you enter the arena with at least one gnomeball, they are all taken away by the referee. However upon leaving the arena you are only given one back, regardless of how many were taken in.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
- Little Leaguer ( 10) – Score a goal in Gnome Ball.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
A player tackling another Gnome baller
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- The Gnomeball referee has had a stern talking to about stealing players' personal Gnomeballs and will now correctly return them after they leave the pitch.
- Players are now able to equip weapons after teleporting from the Gnomeball field.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When passing to a gnome winger, there is an option to talk to them only while they have the gnomeball. If the player tries to talk to them otherwise, the text box will say, "Nothing interesting happens."
- This game is a reference to Rugby and American Football.
- When you attempt to throw a gnomeball at a player while the other player teleports, it says: "[Player name] won't thank you for chucking balls at him/her while he/she is trying to teleport."
- There appears to be blood splattered across the pitch from previous games.
- To level Ranged from 1 to 99 on just Gnome Ball, a player would have to win 250,663 games, which means scoring 1,253,315 goals.
- Before the Dragon token was patched, it could be rubbed inside the Gnomeball arena. Doing so would call you out of the game as you left because you were teleported into the cutscene. Once you left the cutscene and were teleported back into the game you were still inside the arena while not being part of the game. Attempting to tackle a gnome baller for the ball after being called out of the game would yield the message "Error: tackle1001 (Please report this!)".
- When inside the arena you cannot equip any kind of weapon, and attempting to do so will yield a message "You feel it would be cheating to hold anything other than a gnomeball on the gnomeball pitch". This message will still appear even if you try and equip another gnomeball while already having one equipped.
Agility courses and activities