Quick guide for Glorious Memories
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Manni the Reveller inside the Rellekka Longhall.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
For full rewards:
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Birthday feast[edit | edit source]
The yeti's lair[edit | edit source]
- Travel to the 'i' icon ('question mark' on legacy interfaces) in the snowy Rellekka Hunter area.
- Inspect the tracks in the north-west corner of the platform and follow them to a mound of ice in the north-east corner. Inspect the tracks directly in front of the ice mound, then dig through the ice mound and go inside.
- Run to the southern wall and enter the tunnel.
- Kill Nial Swiftfling and take his items.
- Talk to Freygerd in Jatizso near the west gate.
- Talk to King Gjuki Sorvott IV in the central building.
- Talk to Freygerd near the west gate.
- Talk to Mawnis Burowgar in Neitiznot.
The king's cure[edit | edit source]
- Talk to King Vargas.
- Ensure you have the standard spellbook enabled.
- Travel to the Mountain Camp. A pole and plank can be found near the goats if you didn't bring a staff and plank.
- Climb the tree next to the lake, use the staff/pole on the rocks then use the plank on the flat stone.
- Listen to the shining pool while standing directly south of the rocks.
- Open Herb pouch with at least 1 inventory space.
- Use your vial on the spring that appeared.
- Add the irit, grind the diamond root, cast enchant diamond on the dust, add the dust and yeti hair to the vial.
- Talk to King Vargas.
- Talk to Brundt in the longhall to give him the unfinished astral rune.
- Talk to Manni.
- Quest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 10,000 experience
- 5,000 experience
- The Tome of Glorious Deeds, which gives you 5,000 experience, thrice, in a choice of Attack, Strength, Constitution, Defence, or Ranged.
- An unfinished astral rune that can be traded with Baba Yaga for extra rewards.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Additional rewards/activities
You must talk to her about the astral rune. Make sure you have the unfinished astral rune with you. She tells you it is her lucky rune and asks if she can have it back. She also offers to tell you a story. Tell her you want to know the bits the other adventurers don't remember.
In this cutscene, you again see the adventurers in the dungeon, fighting Nial. The prophecy tablet is on the ground, behind Vargas. Baba Yaga picks up the tablet and then casts the Tele-group Fishing Guild spell to save them from Nial. In front of the guild, Brundt asks Baba Yaga to give him the tablet, but she refuses. She casts the Cure Other spell on Vargas, hoping it will help him, and then casts a spell that clears the memories of the group. The spell shows birds circling around the adventurers' heads, much like the stun emote when you unsuccessfully pickpocket an NPC. She then teleports away.
Back in the present, Baba Yaga said she kept the tablet, thinking it might be useful, but soon lost hope of that. She exchanges the unfinished astral rune for a prophecy tablet and an antique Lamp. When you read the prophecy tablet, it says "And his/her name will be [your Fremennik name]."
Additional rewards[edit source]
- A prophecy tablet (you can trade this item with Historian Minas for 10 kudos)
- An antique lamp, granting 2,500 experience in any skill above level 35 (for elite skills like Invention, the experience amount is halved to 1,250).
- Music unlocked
- Frost Fight (In Nial's lair)
- Lair of Kang Admi (In the Ice cave)
- Nial's Widow (When speaking with Freygerd about Nial, unlisted music track)
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Glorious Memories is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Full completion of Azzanadra's Quest
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Full completion of Hero's Welcome
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
|Part 8 of the Fremennik quest series|