|Release||31 August 2021 (Update)|
|Music||The Glacor Front (music track)|
|Teleports||Boss portal attuned to Arch-Glacor|
Pontifex shadow ring (cathedral)
|doc • Talk page|
The Glacor Front is the second of four fronts of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, released on 31 August 2021. The front has no requirements to access; however, level 84 Slayer is required to fight glacors in this part of the dungeon. Additionally, the completion of Sliske's Endgame, Desperate Measures, and City of Senntisten, as well as their prerequisites, is recommended for a better understanding of the story, as the front is considered the next installment in the ongoing Elder God Wars narrative. The Shard of Erebus prevents the Slayer monsters from being aggressive in the area while pontifex shadow ring provides improves Elder Troves and increases the effectivness of protection prayers against the boss, when upgraded.
The Glacor Front features the second assault on the cathedral in Senntisten, where united forces of young gods keep the eggs of the Elder Gods from hatching and destroying Gielinor in the process. The attack to the south of the cathedral is led by an Arch-Glacor and its army of glacors, who have been summoned by Wen in an effort to reclaim the eggs. Azzanadra, along with several mages, are holding Arch-Glacor's powers at bay near the aqueduct.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Glacor Front is located in the southern section of Senntisten, which can be accessed by ancient door north of the Archaeology Guild (which can be quickly teleported to with Archaeology journal) and directly east of Tolna's rift. After entering Senntisten the player needs to access the cathedral to the south of the entrance and then leave through southern cathedral door. Passing through the western door for the first time triggers a cutscene.
- The Master archaeologist's outfit will teleport to near the cathedral.
- Use the Archaeology journal to teleport to the Archaeology Guild, then walk north to the ancient door.
- Using a Gnome glider to Lemanto Andra (3) leaves the player very close to ancient door.
- The Pontifex shadow ring, awarded by City of Senntisten quest, can teleport the player directly to the cathedral.
- The dig sites map in the Archaeology Guild, archaeology teleport or the master archaeologist's outfit can be used to teleport to the Senntisten Dig Site camp just north-east of the cathedral, provided the player has level 60 Archaeology or access to those items.
- The Boss portal in War's Retreat (requiring at least one kill of Arch-Glacor) or boss portal in Max Guild (doesn't require a kill) can be attuned to teleport the player to the Aqueduct Portal, where the boss can be accessed, a short distance to the south of Slayer area.
Map[edit | edit source]
Arch-Glacor[edit | edit source]
The Arch-Glacor is the force leading the Glacor Front, responsible for freezing the environment. It can be fought on the aqueduct in the southernmost part of the front, accessed by the Aqueduct Portal. The boss has been designed as customisable and scalable in an effort to introduce more players to bossing and teaching how to deal with various mechanics. In normal mode, the boss fight can be customized to remove or add mechanics by talking to one of the mages near the boss area or interacting with the interface. The amount of chosen mechanics affects drops, but killing the boss with no mechanics selected is still considered worthwile and provides kill count and progress in the Soul Reaper assignment. The mages consist of Charos, Ariane, Arianwyn, Akthanakos and Enakhra.
Like Kerapac, the bound, the encounter also features a hard mode encounter, which can only be accessed by defeating the boss at least once with all mechanics active in normal mode in a solo encounter and talking to Azzanadra near the mages. In hard mode, the boss has an enrage system similar to Telos, the Warden with mechanics being added/adjusted with enrage (although focusing more on health / damage scaling than adding mechanical depth), along with titles upon defeating the boss at specific enrages. While the normal mode is massable, hard mode is restricted to only one player. The hard mode is the only source of Frozen Core of Leng, required to craft the tier 95 weapons.
Deaths in normal mode are considered safe, with Azzanadra teleporting the player out upon death. The players dying in normal mode won't lose their items like during normal death and won't lose their Hardcore Ironman status. However, deaths in hard mode are considered unsafe, and the player will lose their items and Hardcore status as normal.
Slayer[edit | edit source]
Players with level 84 Slayer can fight glacors and glacytes without completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat. They are found on the bridge leading south from the Cathedral and in the central areaup to the barrier separating them from the boss area. Shard of Erebus stops the creatures from being aggressive. Glacors share the same drops as the ones in Glacor Cave, including glacyte boots and the shards of Armadyl. Glacytes can drop glacor remnants used to craft a variety of rewards. Both creatures drop resonant anima of Wen or its tradeable variant after upgrading the pontifex shadow ring. The glacors are part of Senntisten Slayer collection log, building up from Nodon Front.
|Monster||Level||level||Combat style||Weakness||Slayer XP||LP||Susceptible to|
Battlefield abilities[edit | edit source]
Additionally, the five generals from God Wars Dungeon and Heart of Gielinor found throughout different fronts can aid the player by providing a special ability which can be used while fighting Slayer monsters.
One of the following abilities may be selected at once by talking to the corresponding commander and can be activated using the extra action button. Can be used during, and does not incur, the global cooldown.
|Kree'arra||Channel the Avianse kin and gain a 10% damage increase for a short duration (18 seconds).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Commander Zilyana||Call upon the light to shield yourself from 50% of incoming damage for a short duration (18 seconds).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Nex||Siphon life directly from your target to heal yourself (25% of the target's maximum health over 6 hits).||120 seconds||Maplink|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Smash your target with a large attack of 75% of your current weapon's damage type.||150 seconds||Maplink|
|Helwyr||Summons a Mushroom that explodes after a delay, dealing damage around it.||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Gorvek||Call in support from Gorvek to rain down dragonfire where you stand, dealing magic damage to any monsters standing in the affected area.||120 seconds||Maplink|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Materials[edit | edit source]
The majority of rewards from the Glacor Front needs to be crafted from a number of items dropped by the glacors, with some being unique to the Arch-Glacor on its hard mode version.
|Drop||Slayer||Normal mode||Hard mode||Rarity|
|Glacor remnants||[a 1]||Common|
|Leng artefact||[a 2]||Rare|
|Frozen Core of Leng||Very rare|
Equipment[edit | edit source]
|Dark ice shard||Main hand||85|
|Dark Shard of Leng||Main hand||95|
|Dark ice sliver||Off-hand||85|
|Dark Sliver of Leng||Off-hand||95|
|Enhanced Kerapac's wrist wraps||Hands||90||Same effect as Kerapac's wrist wraps.|
|Enhanced nightmare gauntlets||Hands||90||Same effect as nightmare gauntlets.|
|Enhanced gloves of passage||Hands||90||Enduring Ruin - after the Havoc or Smash successfully hits, next melee attack within 6 seconds deals 10% increased damage and the target takes 20% increased damage from bleeds for 10 seconds.|
|Scripture of Wen||N/A||
|Glacor's Adornment||Wing||N/A||Cosmetic override.|
|Arch-Glacor's Adornment||Wing||N/A||Cosmetic override.|
|Ur-Glacor's Adornment||Wing||N/A||Cosmetic override.|
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Throughout the Glacor Front a number of allied NPCs can be found, providing additional narrative background or gameplay options. The front is defended by the combined force of Elven Knights from Cadarn and Iorwerth Clans.
- Baxtorian, the elven king, is found in a camp on the eastern Cathedral overlook. He joined the fight after Croesus Front was opened.
- Helwyr can be found on the bridge outside the cathedral and grants a battlefield ability. He was previously found in a camp on the other side of the bridge.
- Lord Iorwerth is found next to Helwyr, leading the Iorwerth Clan knights. He joined the fight after Croesus Front was opened.
- Ozan is found on among the elven archers on the western Cathedral overlook, which can only be reached by passing through the door leading to the Nodon Front.
- Sir Owen is found behind the barrier separating the boss area and is protecting the mages from the glacors.
- The Raptor is found on the other side of the bridge, in area previously occupied by Helwyr's defences, and is fighting a glacor.
- Beyond the Slayer area five mages led by Azzanadra hold back the Arch-Glacor and allow to set up mechanics of the boss encounter.
- Akthanakos, a Zarosian mahjarrat, controls and explains the Pillars of Ice mechanic and argues with his old rival, Enakhra.
- Ariane, a seer, controls and explains the Glacyte Minions mechanic and shares her premonitions regarding the future.
- Arianwyn, leader of Cadarn Clan, controls and explains the Flurry mechanic.
- Azzanadra, a mahjarrat turned god, leading the defence of Senntisten and the Zarosian forces in the absence of Zaros. He can enable hard mode version of the encounter if the player has completed the normal mode with all mechanics and teleports the players to safety upon death in normal mode, expressing his disappointment. He also shares his thoughts on his recent ascension.
- Enakra, a Zamorakian mahjarrat, controls and explains the Exposed Core mechanic and argues with her old rival, Akthanakos.
- Charos, an enchanter, controls and explains the Frost Cannon mechanic.
- A number of non-interactive Elven Knights belonging to Cadarn Clan and Iorwerth Clan can be found in a camp on the cathedral's south-east overlook, the freezing bridge leading to the front, Helwyr's camp and in the mages' area.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Development history[edit | edit source]
The reveal of the second front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon was announcemed in the newspost on 16 August. On 18 August it was followed by a short video teaser revealing it will focus on Wen and using the artwork of Leng, homeworld of glacors, made for the stage reading of The Journal of Fell Arnessen, story that first mentioned the Arch-Glacors during RuneFest 2018. However the Arch-Glacor was removed from the teaser version of the artwork. The The Glacor Front was officialy revealed during the introduction stream on 20 August 2021. The stream included a speedpainting of the front artwork by artist Willoway, followed by reveal trailer which provided the name and release date of the update, as well as the first look at the front, including the boss, Slayer content and some of the rewards. During the stream the developers showcased the Glacor Front in more detail and discussed the development and aims of the project. It was explained that the Arch-Glacor was designed as a way to introduce greater variety of players to PvM by providing a customisable and scalable encounter than can be used to gradually learn combat mechanics and behaviours, while also providing increasing challenge for more experienced players. The environment was designed to have the aqueduct with the Arch-Glacor looming in the distance as the central focal point that the rest of the area builds up to. Mod Blkwitch got that idea from the concept art of mages on the balcony which she saw before even knowing she would work on the project. She wanted the aqueduct to be the same one that is used in the boss enounter, as opposed to interior of the Colosseum in the Nodon Front, which is actually a separate location using different scaling. The Arch-Glacor, created by Mod JT, was enlarged several times to be more visible from the distance, however due to limited draw distance for non-player characters in NXT client, the Arch-Glacor visible from afar is actually an environment piece rather than NPC. Another visual narrative element was expanding the previous front by adding more wounded to the infirmary. After the stream a summary newspost was published. On 27 August another newspost was published, introducing details about the rewards, including their effects and materials needed to create them.
The Glacor Front was developed by Mod Orion and Mod Shogun. The artists working on this project were Mod Blkwitch (environments), Mod JT (characters), Mod Soffan (weapons) and Mod BakingaZ (concepts).
With the release of the Croesus Front on 27 September, the Glacor Front was expanded and underwent a number of changes. Helwyr and the defence line were moved to the other side of the bridge, which was populated with a number of glacytes. The Raptor was added in Helwyr's previous location and fights a non-attackable glacor. Lord Iorwerth appeared near Helwyr, while Baxtorian, additional elven knights and barricades were added in the elven camp on the eastern overlook. Ozan a number of elven archers were added on the western overlook. Sir Owen was added next to the barrier beyond the Slayer area. Additionally the bridge leading to the Glacor Front became covered in large icicles, the water under the bridge became completely frozen, the icy ground textures were expanded and more houses below were covered in snow. The wounded knights on the bridge were partially moved to the Cathedral and a number of non-interactive elven and glacyte dead bodies were added throughout the area.
On an update on the 1 November, Voicelines of the different mages holding the Arch-Glacor at bay were added, with them commenting on various parts of the fight, such as mentioning what the next mechanic will be or praising the player should they land a powerful blow.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Cutscene[edit | edit source]
Leng, one of the first planets created by the Elder Gods.
Development[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Developer||Mod Orion, Mod Shogun|
|Art & Graphics|
|Characters||Mod JT (glacors), Mod Soffan (weapons)|
|Environments||Mod Blkwitch, Mod Read (aqueduct model and snow meshes on rooftops), Mod Chilly|
|Animation||Mod Wing, Mod Haku|
|Concept||Mod BakingaZ, Mod Fox|
|Quality assurance||Mod Cel|
|Databox • Talk page|
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 September 2021 (Update):
- Resolved an issue that was causing the Senntisten section of the Slayer collection log to be incorrectly marked as complete for some users.
- Fixed a related issue with unlocking the wing adornments (the last unlock would not log the Arch-Glacor Boss as completed).
- A player on Hard Mode joining another player's Normal Mode instance will now benefit from the safe death.
- Fixed an issue with the Arch-Glacor Hard Mode toggle being affected by other bosses.
27 September 2021 (
- Helwyr and the defence line have been moved to the other side of the bridge, which was populated with a number of glacytes.
- The Raptor has been added in Helwyr's previous location and fights a non-attackable glacor. Lord Iorwerth, Baxtorian and Ozan have been added outside the cathedral, along with an increased number of Elven Knights. Sir Owen has been added next to the barrier beyond the Slayer area.
- The bridge leading to the Glacor Front and the buildings below it have been visually changed. The water under the bridge has completely frozen, the icy textures have been expanded and more houses below have been covered in snow. The wounded knights on the bridge have been replaced by non-interactive dead bodies.
- patch 20 September 2021 (Update):
- Reduced the screen shake effects that play when activating Hard mode for the Arch-Glacor fight.
- The Arch-Glacor Boss Collection Log will now track more than 250 Remnants.
- The drop broadcast for the Arch-Glacor pet item now states the correct name.
- The freezing blood debuff from the Arch-Glacor fight now consistently times out.
- The Shard and Sliver of Leng weapons are more consistent regarding keepsaking.
- patch 13 September 2021 (Update):
- Reaper Assignments will now correctly indicate that the Arch-Glacor is the target when using quick-chat.
- Fixed a grammar error on the grouping system UI for the Arch-Glacor fight.
- Arch-Glacor logs are now shown in the Adventurer's Log.
- Rewards from the Arch-Glacor fight are now given to the top three players.
- The Arch-Glacor's drops will no longer spawn below the boss, where they are inaccessible to players.
- Players can now consistently leave the Arch-Glacor arena after defeating the boss in hard mode.
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- Added a Bank Preset for the Arch-Glacor.
- Hotfixed - Practice mode is no longer available for the Arch-Glacor.
- Hotfixed - Adjusted the Instance Teleport Coordinate in the Arch-Glacor arena so players can surge straight away upon entering.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the 'Insane Final Boss' achievement from unlocking correctly.
- The Arch-Glacor boss will no longer drop Bones. Where was it even getting those?!
- Fixed an issue where the incorrect armour values were being applied to the new enhanced T90 glove upgrades introduced with the Glacor Front update.
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the 'Exposed Core' and 'Glacyte Minions' from working as expected at high enrage tiers during the Arch-Glacor boss fight.
- Hotfixed - Added drop broadcasts for the Frozen Core of Leng and the Leng Artefact.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue that meant the Arch-Glacor boss would die due to DoT effects, which could kill the player in certain situations.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue where the Pontifex Ring was reducing Prayer-based damage resistance.
- Hotfixed - Uncut Dragonstone will now drop in noted form during the Arch-Glacor fight.
- Hotfixed - Normal mode damage reduction no longer kicks in after you have completed all mechanics during an encounter.
- Hotfixed - The effect of the Enhanced Nightmare Gauntlets now function correctly.
- Hotfixed - The third beam of the Pillars of Ice mechanic in the Hard Mode Arch-Glacor boss fight will no longer disappear and reappear when the mechanic ends.
- Hotfixed - Manuscripts and Scriptures of Wen will now drop from the Arch-Glacor correctly in all scenarios.
- Hotfixed - Triskelions dropped from the Arch-Glacor will no longer be multipled by enrage or mechanic modifiers.
- Hotfixed - Rejoining a Hard Mode Arch-Glacor instance after toggling it off will no longer place you in a pseudo-Hard Mode encounter.
- Hotfixed - Fixed an issue where sequential attacks of the same type from the same side of the Arch-Glacor boss were not appearing.
- Hotfixed - The Bolstered Glacytes no longer set the Arch-Glacors health when they die.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e f g h Jagex. "Elder God Wars Dungeon: The Glacor Front." 20 August 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b Jagex. "Elder God Wars Dungeon: The Glacor Front Survival Guide." 27 August 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 18 August 2021. RuneScape: "Wen the cold wind blows... ❄️"
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 19 August 2021. RuneScape: "You may have staved off the Nodon Forces but the war has just begun. 🔴 Fri 20th, 14:00 Game Time (15:00 BST) | Elder God Wars Dungeon: Second Front Reveal ▶️ https://rs.game/Watch Expect a full intro with gameplay trailer, details on lore, army, boss and more!"
- ^ RuneScape. Elder God Wars: The Glacor Front - Announcement Trailer | RuneScape. YouTube. 20 August 2021.*
- ^ RuneScape. Elder God Wars Dungeon: An introduction to the Glacor Front | RuneScape. YouTube. 20 August 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod BakingaZ's Twitter account. 23 August 2021. Mod BakingaZ: "Some concept art for the Glacor Front, kudos to @JagexBlkwitch, @JagexJT and @JagexSoffan for making such "cool" stuff!"
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|