|Release date||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|Kingdom||Mahjarrat Ritual Site|
|Connected quests||Ritual of the Mahjarrat|
|Inhabitants||Mahjarrat, Ice elementals|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Glacor Cave is an icy underground cavern located near the Mahjarrat Ritual of Rejuvenation site. It can be accessed after completion of the Ritual of the Mahjarrat, either through an entrance to the south of the ritual site, via the fairy ring code DKQ or by using the Master Quest Cape. It was the cavern in which Lucien stored the Stone of Jas between the events of While Guthix Sleeps and the Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
Eleven level 112 glacors lurk within the cave's largest cavern, near the fairy ring, although they are unaggressive. A smaller cavern to the east of the main entrance houses the banite ore mine, currently 1 of 5 locations for mining banite ore. Movario wanders around the entrance cavern, studying the energy left over by the Stone of Jas.
After the quest, the residual energy left from the Stone of Jas will empower players who enter the cavern, enhancing their combat abilities in the cave as well as nearby locations such as Trollheim, the God Wars Dungeon, Fremennik Slayer Dungeon and the Wilderness for four hours of in-game time. The empowerment remains with the player even upon death.
Map[edit | edit source]
Notable places for Jas boost[edit | edit source]
See the gallery below for a full area of effect.
- Glacor Cave - 6%
- God Wars Dungeon - 5% (works on instances, does not work on Nex: Angel of Death)
- Keldagrim - 5% (Doesn't apply to the Chaos Dwarf and Chaos Giants areas)
- Lava Strykewyrms - 4% (Also useful for the nearby hobgoblins if you want the champion scroll)
- Ghorrock Fortress (outside) - 4%
- Ghorrock Fortress (inside) - 3%
- Forinthry Dungeon - 3-4% (4% boost is only usable against the lesser demons and dark beasts)
- Mage Arena - 3%
- Fremennik Slayer Dungeon - 3% (except Aquanites)
- The boost does not apply at King Black Dragon's lair, unlike the rest of the Lava Maze.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Glacor, level 112
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to obtain the Stone of Jas boost if unsuccessfully teleporting to the Glacor cave via the portable fairy ring.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The World Map refers to it as Saradomin's hidden cave, despite Saradomin having no known association with the area, besides a memory featuring him being seen when the Stone of Jas is touched during Ritual of the Mahjarrat, although this memory shows him at Annakarl and the Fist of Guthix.
- While inside the cave, an unlisted music track consisting of a drumbeat with occasional gusts of wind and howling sounds can be heard.