The Give Thanks emote was given out by finding all ten Hidden Turkeys during the 2008 Thanksgiving event, killing turkeys during the event, or completing the entire event. It was also the reward for completing the subsequent Thanksgiving events. When used, players will start to flap their hands as if they had wings, turn into a turkey, dance around, and transform back.
With the completion of the 2011 Thanksgiving event, this emote can be enhanced. The enhanced emote can be performed by equipping a herald cape with the turkey crest on it. In the enhanced emote, the player's right hand becomes a turkey drumstick and they fall down, then the rest of their body turns into a roasted turkey. After brief period of time, the player becomes human again and stands up, their arm still a drumstick. The player then pulls on the drumstick with their left hand on the bone, and the drumstick comes off. The player then examines their arm for a moment.
The enhanced Give Thanks emote
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 16 January 2017 (Update):
- Players can now view the "give thanks" emote in the Worn Equipment section of the Gear interface without their avatar stretching and distorting.
- patch 12 February 2013 (Update):
- The "Give Thanks" emote no longer glitches when you are attacked by another player.
- patch 17 January 2011 (Update):
- Drinking an overload potion no longer interferes with this emote.
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The ‘Give Thanks' emote no longer glitches at the end.