Genie (Spirits of the Elid)
|Release date||5 December 2005 (Update)|
|Location(s)||A cave near Nardah|
|Examine||Phenomenal cosmic powers, itty bitty living space.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Genie is encountered in the Spirits of the Elid quest and is the evil brother of the random event genie. The Genie resides in the Elid Genie Cave west of Nardah, accessed through a crevice in the ground.
This Genie has a craving for human souls. During the quest, he requests an adventurer to bring him the "sole" of Awusah the Mayor in exchange for a discarded statue of Elidinis. The adventurer agrees and gives the Genie the soles of Awusah's shoes, which he leaves outside his building. Confusing soul with "sole", he claims that other beings of power are collecting soles these days and thought that he needed to as well. Fortunately the genie isn't very bright and collects soles of shoes rather than souls of people.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 12 February 2018 (Update):
- The rope requirement for the crevice west of Nardah (leading to the Genie) has been removed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text is a line from Disney's Aladdin, when the Genie mentions the cramped living space within the lamp.
- Like the Genie of the film, this Genie has blue skin and a topknot hairstyle.
- The plot/word-joke about "humans souls" versus "shoe soles", gives rise to some interesting translation problems. On German servers this plot/joke is turned into a completely different affair.
|Part 4 of the Desert quest series|