Gem bag (upgraded)
|Gem bag (upgraded)|
|Release||17 May 2014 (Update)|
|Destroy||You'll have to buy another gem bag from Daemonheim if you destroy this one.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A bag that can hold plenty of uncut gems.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The upgraded gem bag can be purchased for 20,000 Dungeoneering tokens from the Rewards Trader if the player has an ordinary gem bag in their inventory as well as 45 Crafting. It can hold up to 60 of each type of uncut gem (and only in their uncut state). The upgraded gem bag can hold the following gem types:
To deposit a gem, just use it with the gem bag or left-click the bag to store any uncut gems in your inventory. You will get the message: "You add the gem[s] to your bag." The gem bag has the following options:
- Your gem bag has # sapphires, # emeralds, # rubies, # diamonds and # dragonstones.
- Gems inside
- You can't destroy this item with gems in it.
- Gems inside
Uses[edit | edit source]
While the ordinary gem bag holds 100 gems total and doesn't include dragonstone, the gem bag (upgraded) holds 60 each of the five types, including dragonstone, for a total capacity of 300 gems. However, no more than 60 of one of the types can be held at once, unlike the standard bag. For example, if a player has 70 sapphires, they would only be able to store 60 of them in the upgraded bag, while the standard bag would take all of them.
The upgraded version is available to members only, which means members will no longer be able to use or retrieve gems from it after their subscription ends. Gem bags can also only be upgraded when empty.
If the player has more gems than the bag can hold, excess gems can be brought to a higher level by transmuting.
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Rewards trader||Daemonheim, • Daemonheim, Land of Snow (2010) • Lumbridge Crater (2013)||20,000||Dungeoneering tokens||∞|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 26 March 2018 (Update):
- ninja 4 April 2016 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The maximum coin value that can be stored in an upgraded Gem Bag is 1,572,900 coins, the combined cost of 60 of all the gems.
- The bag's value is unaffected by its contents, so even when full, the wealth evaluator will still only show 25,000 coins.
- Unlike a normal Gem bag, the contents of Gem bag upgrade could not be emptied to the inventory while the player was in their bank screen giving the message "You can't do that.". This was intentional due to technical limitations, but was fixed on the 23 June 2014.
- If you die with the upgraded gem bag, go to the Rewards Trader, buy a new gem bag and upgrade, your gems will be inside. This still works if you log out before you buy it back.
|Other Ranged equipment|
|Other Magic equipment|