|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|On death||Dropped on death|
|Drop it and you can teleport back to it.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A gatestone is an item used only in the Dungeoneering skill. By making one with the Create Gatestone spell and dropping it in a location of choice, the player can use the Gatestone Teleport to teleport directly to it, making it a useful item to drop at locations where the player intends to return later, such as a door they don't have the key for yet. The gatestone grants 0.1 Magic experience and consumes 3 cosmic runes when created, although Gatestone Teleport does not grant any experience.
Only one gatestone can be dropped at any time; therefore, multiple gatestones cannot be made. If a gatestone is already in the player's inventory, a message appears saying, . However, a gatestone can be created while one is currently dropped, destroying the dropped gatestone.
Once the player teleports to the gatestone, it is destroyed. If the player dies with a stone, it will automatically drop onto the floor, allowing the player to quickly teleport to the location. If a player drops a gatestone and later logs out or disconnects and then logs back into the dungeon, they will lose that gatestone.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|0.1 XP||-||1 (0.6s)||-|
|Created using the Create Gatestone spell|
|Cosmic rune (Dungeoneering)||3||N/A||-|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- You can no longer sell Gatestones to the trader inside a Daemonheim Floor.
- patch 28 May 2019 (Update):.
- Gatestone 1, Group Gatestone and Gatestone 2 will now appear as the item on top of a loot pile to allow players to easily pick them back up.
- ninja 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Global cooldown is no longer triggered when making gatestones.
- The left-click option on Dungeoneering gatestones is now 'Drop'.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer place gatestones on top of suspicious grooves in Daemonheim.
- patch 7 December 2010 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use a gatestone inside the puzzle rooms in the confusing portals challenge room.
- patch 19 July 2010 (Update):
- Corrected the checks for making Dungeoneering gatestones and casting Gatestone Teleport.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The gatestone cannot be dropped while trading with the Smuggler.
- In the quest "Salt in the Wound," 1337sp34kr says that he plans to sell a gatestone on the Grand Exchange after a hole is made in the dungeon wall leading outside.
- Alchemising the gatestone used to be a decent method to earn free Magic experience for patient players willing to spend some time at the end of the dungeon creating gatestones. After being made not alchemisable, players who wished to earn free experience would drop the gatestones and then cast Gatestone Teleport repeatedly. This spell no longer gives experience.