Ganodermic runts are Slayer monsters located in the Polypore Dungeon. They require 95 Slayer to damage and can be found at the third and bottom floors of Polypore Dungeon.
The runt attacks only with magic, so using Protect from Magic or Deflect Magic will reduce the severity of its attacks. However, if players are next to a runt, the runt can infest the player, dealing fast hits of 72 to 144 life points. Infestation stops if the player moves away from the runt or kills it. Infestation can be temporarily prevented by sprinkling neem oil on the runt.
Due to their small size, they are usually a nuisance to deal with when safespotting. It would be best to kill them if mass killing ganodermic beasts.
Ganodermic runts have very similar drops to grifolaroos.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 720 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
A combination of two seeds is dropped at a time.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- ninja 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Ganodermic creatures now display their weakness on the slayer counter.
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Ganodermic runts have had their combat stats rebalanced (both variants).
- patch 19 November 2013 (Update):
- Ganodermic creatures no longer display a positive effect when having neem oil sprinkled on them.
- Despite being much smaller than a ganodermic beast, they have the same combat level and stats as them. It is unknown whether or not this is intentional, as before the Evolution of Combat they had half the life points and combat level of a ganodermic beast. Because they are just as strong but have inferior drops, ganodermic runts are seldom killed.
- For a very long time after the Evolution of Combat, ganodermic runts were unable to hit the player regardless of what armour they were using. This was fixed with a hidden update.
- As of 1 February 2018, the highest kill count for these monsters was 259,437 kills, shared with all polypore creatures.
- This had increased to 351,360 by 6 May 2018.
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top 10 killers per Slayer Creature. Reddit. 2 February 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"
- ^ Mod Shauny. Top Slayer Killers - 6th May 2018. Reddit. 6 May 2018. (Archived from the original on 28 February 2020.) Mod Shauny: "Here are the top 10 kills for each Slayer creature in RuneScape, be aware that we've not listed display names for privacy purposes however if you wish to brag about one number being yours then we won't stop you!"