|Release||24 November 2004 (Update)|
|Equipped||Troll Invasion, Barbarian Outpost, Gamer's Grotto, Agoroth, Corporeal Beast, Burgh De Rott, Tears of Guthix|
|High alch||630 coins|
|Low alch||420 coins|
|An enchanted necklace.|
|Exchange||12,141 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
A games necklace is teleportation jewellery created by casting enchant level 1 jewellery on a sapphire necklace. When enchanted, it gives the necklace eight charges and each teleport uses 1 charge. Upon reaching zero, the necklace crumbles to dust.
Only games necklaces with eight charges or one charge (shown in brackets) may be traded to other players on the Grand Exchange, but any may be traded to other players via the trade interface. It currently costs 354 coins per teleport. If the player sells the necklace with one charge on the Grand Exchange, 9313 coins are gained, as well as 7 free teleports.
Necklaces may be combined using the right-click option 'Combine' with Murky Matt (runes) to the east entrance of the Grand Exchange where he will make as many necklaces with 8 charges as necessary, plus another with the remaining 1-to-7 charges. However players should be wary during combining. For instance, if you have 5 games necklaces each with 4 charges (20 charges in total), Murky Matt will create 2 necklaces at 8 charges each, and another with 4 charges. Therefore the player will lose 2 necklaces in the process and not benefit from the re-sale of necklaces with only 1 charge remaining as described above. It is better to combine (for instance) a necklace with 6 charges and another with 3, thereby creating a fully charged necklace of 8, plus a remaining 1 to maximise resale benefits.
The teleport to Burgh de Rott on the necklace needs to be unlocked by having a combined 500 Companions level from Temple Trekking.
Using a Teleportation compactor, you can make a Games necklace (c) with up to 160 charges.
The games necklace can be used as an effective banking method, as there is a bank chest just south of Troll Invasion. Completing the quest A Shadow over Ashdale unlocks an even better banking method, since the necklace teleports the player right in front of the bank chest.
All teleport options.
Several options will be greyed out until the requirements are fulfilled.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- A worn games necklace now has right-click options for specific teleports.
- ninja 9 October 2017 (Update):
- The games necklace possesses a teleport to Agoroth when A Shadow over Ashdale is completed.
- ninja 5 January 2015 (Update):
- The elf crystal and games necklace teleport interfaces have been updated.
- patch 21 January 2013 (Update):
- Players can once again use the keyboard to select destinations on the games necklace interface.
- patch 28 June 2011 (Update):
- This necklace has been updated to include 'Burthorpe Troll Invasion', which has replaced the 'Burthorpe Games Room' option.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- The 2-7 charged versions of the games necklace have been removed from the Grand Exchange.
- patch 19 May 2009 (Update):
- The necklace of minigames now matches the changes made to the 'Wilderness Volcano'.
- The games necklace used to have the ability to teleport to the Wilderness Volcano even after the Bounty Hunter activity had been removed. This option was replaced with the option to teleport to the Corporeal Beast's cave.
- Similarly, the necklace used to teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room, but this option was replaced with Troll Invasion in a hidden update on 28 June 2011.
- As with some other teleports, the player always seems to face the same direction before and after the teleport.