A full helm is a piece of melee armour worn in the headwear slot. The helmets, as with all melee oriented gear, give good defence against ranged attacks, but are weak against magic. With the exception of the Black helm and White helm, all medium helmets share the same stats as their full helm counterpart.
Full helms are heavier in comparison to medium helmets, some full helmets and their trimmed parts do have plumes. Trimmed and gold-trimmed armours have grey and gold plumes respectively, and the god helmets have plume colours representing the god to which they are aligned.
Normal full helmets (Base)[edit | edit source]
|Bronze full helm||1||30||0||916 coins (update)|
|Iron full helm(+1)||10||40||0||1,215 coins (update)|
|Steel full helm(+1)||20||63||0||1,508 coins (update)|
|Black full helm||25||76||0||1,972 coins (update)|
|White full helm*||25||76||0||4,784 coins (update)|
|Mithril full helm(+1.+2)||30||90||0||3,297 coins (update)|
|Adamant full helm(+1.+2)||40||125||0||5,423 coins (update)|
|Rune full helm(+1.+2.+3)||50||170||0||6,426 coins (update)|
|Dragon full helm||60||196||0||1,864,089 coins (update)|
|Orikalkum full helm(+1.+2.+3)||60||226||0||5,114 coins (update)|
|Necronium full helm(+1.+2.+3.+4)||70||297||20||6,843 coins (update)|
|Bane full helm(+1.+2.+3.+4)||80||338||120||10,684 coins (update)|
|Elder rune full helm(+1.+2.+3.+4.+5)||90||384||220||35,856 coins (update)|
Special full helmets[edit | edit source]
- Elite black full helm
- Guthan's helm
- Torag's helm
- Verac's helm
- Heraldic helmet (Treasure Trails)
- Heraldic helmet (Construction)
- Initiate sallet
- Proselyte sallet
- Sacred clay helmet
- Third age full helmet
- Slayer helmet
- Statius's full helm
- Tyras helm
- Dungeoneering full helmets
- Torva full helm
- Dragonbone full helm
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In RuneScape Classic, full helmets were known as "large helmets".
- On 1 July 2008, when Jagex released RuneScape High Definition, all full helmets except the Black full helmet were mistakenly rendered with red plumes, rather than the normal blue plumes. A Rune full helm looked identical to a Zamorak full helm. This bug was quickly fixed by Jagex.
- A recent update has made it so that the bottom part of a full helmet moves as the player talks. Considering there is no joint, this looks very odd.
- The helmets in Dungeoneering are referred to as full helms, even though there are no medium helmets in that skill.
- Steel or Rune full helms can be painted with 48 Crafting - this makes them "heraldic"; their colour will reflect the colour of your ancestors, and it will have the appearance of an unupdated full helm, with the rims as a face, but they can be seen through. The joints also move when talking. Note: When doing this, they become untradeable, and cannot be reverted - the only reason to do it is for the aesthetic purpose, as they retain their previous stats.
- All full helmets used to offer more protection then their med counterparts, but with the Mining and Smithing rework, except for the Black helm and White helm, both styles now have the same stats, meaning the difference is only cosmetic.