Fruit Tree Patch
|Fruit Tree Patch|
|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|Examine||You can grow Fruit Trees[sic] in this Farming patch.|
|doc • Talk page|
Fruit tree patches are a type of Farming patch which require 1 sapling to plant starting at level 15. There are 7 fruit tree patches: at Gnome Stronghold, east of Catherby, west of Tree Gnome Village, Brimhaven, Lletya, Herblore Habitat and in the Meilyr clan district of Prifddinas. As with tree, calquat tree, and elder tree seeds, before a fruit tree seed can be planted it must be used on a plant pot filled with soil to create a seedling. The seedling then needs to be watered. After a few minutes, the seedling will turn into a sapling, which can be planted in a fruit tree patch. Most fruit trees take several hours to mature once planted in the patch. Once a fruit tree is fully grown the player may check its health and harvest it to receive 6 fruit. A fruit tree will continue to grow fruit over time, unless it is cut down and its stump dug up, with a new fruit regenerating every 45 minutes. Lower-levelled fruit trees (Apple trees to palm trees) take 16 hours (6 phases of 160 minutes each) to grow. The higher-levelled fruit trees (Ciku, Guarana, and Carambola) take about 13.5 hours (5 phases of 160 minutes each), one phase less.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|West of Tree Gnome Village maze||Gileth||
|North of Brimhaven||Garth||
|East of Catherby||Ellena|
|Herblore Habitat||Zombie farmer|
|Meilyr Clan section in the north north east of Prifddinas||Alfon|
Crops[edit | edit source]
Apple tree seed
Banana tree seed
Orange tree seed
Curry tree seed
Papaya tree seed
Palm tree seed
15 Papaya fruit
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 25 November 2019 (Update):
- Feeling fruity? You can now grow avocados, ciku fruit, mangoes, guarana, lychees and carambola on bushes and trees all over Gielinor. Yummy yummy!
- patch 16 September 2019 (Update):
- The giant ent familiar now correctly gives a 50% chance to gather an extra item when harvesting trees and patches.
- patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
- When cast on a location other than a farming patch, the rapid growth spell now displays the error "Rapid growth can only affect herb, tree and fruit tree patches." instead of "This patch has already been enchanted with rapid growth today. Further casting would kill the plant."
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The Giant Ent bonus to harvesting fruit trees now works correctly in combination with the Farming skillcape perk or a patch bomb.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- Ultra growth potions now correctly set fruit tree patches to their "check health" state.
- patch 24 November 2014 (Update):
- patch 13 October 2014 (Update):
- The patch bomb now works with Prifddinas farming patches, except for elder trees.
- patch 15 September 2014 (Update):
- Checking the health on a fruit tree in Herblore Habitat will no longer complete an incorrect task.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- The erroneous water source icon near the Tree Gnome Village fruit tree patch has been removed.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- Cosmetic overrides for the woodcutting animations will now be used when chopping trees in fruit tree patches.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- The fruit tree patch in Gnome Stronghold now has a Farming-style border of stones.
- patch 19 September 2012 (Update):
- The border around the Fruit Tree patch in the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been returned.
- patch 20 December 2011 (Update):
- It is now possible to clear a fruit tree patch using a spade in the toolbelt.
- patch 26 July 2011 (Update):
- Chopping a fruit tree using a Dwarven Army Axe now uses the correct axe animation.
- patch 27 May 2010 (Update):
- Fixed the chance of getting seeds back from fully harvested fruit trees.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- You will now get consistent messages when watering fruit or tree saplings.
- update 22 January 2008 (Update):
- We've added a new fruit tree patch in Lletya. This is particularly useful for those who wish to grow papaya as pawya bait.
|Gielinor Games (discontinued)|