Frost dragon bones
|Frost dragon bones|
|Release||19 July 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Hmm. I doubt a dog would enjoy eating these.|
|Exchange||13,434 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Frost dragon bones are obtained by killing a frost dragon in the resource dungeon located at the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. Asgarnian Ice Dungeon is located south of Port Sarim. When buried, they give 180 Prayer experience each (360 when wearing the Dragon Rider amulet). This can be increased to 630 experience using a gilded altar in a player-owned house with both burners lit or the Chaos Temple altar in the Wilderness, and 720 when used with the Ectofuntus. You do not gain any extra experience whilst burying in the Wilderness, only the experience from boosts such as prayer pendants. Frost dragon bones are the second best tradeable and reobtainable bones in the game and the third best bones in the game (after the ancient bones which give 200 experience each and reinforced dragon bones with 190 experience), giving 2.5 times the experience of dragon bones and 28.6% more experience than ourg bones.
Without a familiar, players can gain approximately 575,000 Prayer experience per hour using frost dragon bones on a gilded altar with both burners lit, at the cost of -12,261,190 coins. Using a Pack mammoth will bring the rate to 1 million experience per hour. At this rate, players can get from 0 to 200 million experience in ~200 hours of playtime, at the cost of -4,264,761,905 coins.
Frost dragon bones can be obtained by non-members from frost dragons in Daemonheim; they are members-only items outside Daemonheim. When used on an altar inside of Daemonheim, players receive 720 experience.
Cost and XP analysis[edit | edit source]
|Bury||with the Dragon Rider amulet||Gilded altar[a 1] or
|XP||180||360||630||720||810 (Total)||450 (Prayer) + 360 (FM)|
|GP/XP||-74.6||-37.3||-21.3||-18.7||-16.6 (Total)||-29.9 (Prayer) or -37.3 (FM)|
Money making[edit | edit source]
|Profit||Skill requirements||Other requirements||Experience|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Memory of Nomad||?||6||Uncommon||N/A|
|Raptor's chest of slaying||N/A||100||Always||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Bones and remains|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||20.8%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The buy limit for frost dragon bones has been increased to 10,000 to match other tradeable bones.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Correctly handle using frost dragon bones in the Ectofuntus grinder. The message didn't previously make much sense.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously, when frost dragon bones were used on the bone grinder at the Ectofuntus, the name of the bones was omitted and only a blank space resulted.
- Shortly after Bot Nuke Day, frost dragon bones quickly rose in price from around 10,000 coins all the way up to 19,706 coins within a month. They began to slowly decrease in price as bots slowly returned.
- A player choosing to use frost dragon bones all the way from 1-99 Prayer, using a gilded altar with lit burners and no other experience boosts, would, if all the bones were bought at the current Grand Exchange price, spend 277,943,724 coins.
- Using the Ectofuntus would cost 243,200,758 coins, but would take far longer. Simply burying the bones would cost 972,803,034 coins.