From Tiny Acorns
|From Tiny Acorns|
|Release date||28 April 2010 (Update)|
|Quest series||Thieves' Guild|
|Infobox • Talk page|
From Tiny Acorns is the first caper Guildmaster Darren Lightfinger will assign a player who has completed the Buyers and Cellars quest. Capers are tasks set by the Thieving guildmaster in order to slowly build and fund the Thieves' Guild.
This miniquest requires you to steal a toy dragon made of rubies. Talk to the Guildmaster (Darren) to start.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Darren Lightfinger in his cellar north of Lumbridge furnace.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Details[edit | edit source]
After obtaining the caper from Darren, get to Varrock square. Talk to Urist Loric, who is standing by the crafting stall. Then speak to the nearby Market guard and ask him about the dwarf. The guard will tell you about the dwarf being obsessed with his talisman. Now pickpocket the dwarf. It is possible to fail, and is very likely if you are doing this quest at the minimum thieving level. If you do fail you will be hit for 30 damage and will be momentarily stunned.
Stand north of the dwarf, and left-click the talisman to put it on the ground a small distance away (you will automatically walk to do this). Speak to the dwarf, inform him that, "He must have dropped his talisman on the ground." He'll say something along the lines of, "I wondered how that got there!".
Click continue and quickly run to the guard, when the dwarf walks to the talisman, right-click and distract the guard (you will tell him about Aris' sign giving him the evil eye). When both the guard and dwarf are distracted, quickly steal from the stall.
Now talk to the dwarf to get the Banker's note and return it to Darren. If Urist manages to get back to his stall before you finish distracting the guard you can pickpocket him again. Return to Darren to finish the quest. Congratulations, miniquest complete!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1,000 experience
- Ability to steal a craftsman's monocle
- Ability to purchase crafting equipment from Urist Loric
- Access to the advanced pickpocketing trainer and coshing volunteers in the Thieves' Guild
- Access to the practice chest area in the Thieves' Guild
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- From Tiny Acorns (miniquest) ( 5) – Complete this Novice miniquest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
From Tiny Acorns is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Credits[edit | edit source]
|From Tiny Acorns|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that prevented certain players from obtaining the Toy baby dragon.
- patch 12 November 2018 (Update):
- patch 10 September 2018 (Update):
- Achievements for the Thieving Guild mini-quests will now correctly unlock after each mini-quest.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Twitter hint for this update was 'Ruby Dragon!'.
- The examination text of the Talisman is the exact description of a Legendary Artefact quality in the indie game Dwarf Fortress.
- The Guard that is supposed to watch the stall of the Craftsman Dwarf will explain that the dwarf "comes from some fortress or other." This too is a reference to the indie game Dwarf Fortress.
- If you use the Toy Baby Dragon on Urist, it will say "Why would you give this back to Urist?
- The name "Urist" itself is a homage to Dwarf Fortress, where the dwarf equivalent of "John" is Urist.
- The title of the quest 'From Tiny Acorns' is taken from the phrase 'from tiny acorns mighty oaks grow'.
- After completing the caper, Urist Loric sells crafting equipment. It is also possible to steal his craftsman's monocle by telling him that his talisman is on the ground.
|Part 2 of the Thieves' Guild quest series|