|Release date||6 February 2007 (Update)|
|No. of banks||2|
|No. of altars||None|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Fremennik Isles, also known as the Jah-Nay Islands, is an archipelago made up of Jatizso, Neitiznot and several small isles inhabited by Ice Trolls and is the location of The Fremennik Isles quest. Locals will address players by their Fremennik name gained during The Fremennik Trials.
Yak pen[edit | edit source]
They drop Raw yak meat which can be cooked, yak hair which can be woven into rope, Yak-hide and bones. Yak hair can be spun on the spinning wheel nearby and Yak-hide can be crafted with the crafting equipment which can be bought from Jofridr Mordstatter. They also have a rare but valuable drop of Fremennik yak (unchecked) for use on the Player-owned farm. They are close to the bank on Neitiznot.
Woodcutting stump[edit | edit source]
The woodcutting stump can be used to split your arctic pine logs, cut from the abundant Arctic Pines in the area, and make Fremennik round shields. There are four woodcutting stumps, two on the north island of Neitiznot, and two on the snow-covered island to the north.
Mines[edit | edit source]
There are three mines in the Fremennik Isles. Be wary - dangerously aggressive ice trolls dwell near the mines.
- Fremennik Isles mine is on a small island accessed from Neitiznot, northeast of its north island. It contains Drakolith rocks.
- Jatizso dungeon mine can be assessed from western Jatizso, down a stairs into the caves. It contains coal rocks and mithril rocks.
- Jatizso dungeon elite mine is an extension to the Jatizso dungeon mine, containing banite rocks (which are listed as part of the Jatizso dungeon mine if viewed from the surface on the world map, but separate once inside).
Furnace[edit | edit source]
The isle of Neitiznot is also useful when training Smithing. The settlement has a bank right next to a furnace, only a small distance apart. The bank is without the usual doors or entrances that can be a hindrance when running between the two spots in most other locations as well (Edgeville's furnace is still a more desirable location due to the bonus of double smelting an ore on occasion). Jatizso conversely hosts an anvil almost as close to its own bank, making the Fremennik Isles an even more desirable place to smith.
Fishing[edit | edit source]
The fishing spots on Jatizso's dock and on the island itself are all very close to the bank and are decent for training. The spots there have big net fishing, both kinds of harpoon fishing, and lobster fishing and as an added bonus are relatively quiet even compared with the Fishing guild.
Spinning[edit | edit source]
There is also a Spinning wheel to the south-east of Neitiznot which is relatively close to the bank and supersedes Seers' but is inferior to the Lumbridge wheel in terms of time taken. However, it does not have any stairs to climb so it is good if you can't be bothered with the extra clicking.
Shops[edit | edit source]
Jatizso[edit | edit source]
Armour Shop[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Raum Urda-Stein
Weapons Galore[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Skuli Myrka
Ore Store[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Hring Hring
Flossi's Fishmongers[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Flosi Dalksson
Keepa Kettilon's Store[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Keepa Kettilon
Neitiznot[edit | edit source]
Neitiznot Supplies[edit | edit source]
- Owner: Jofridr Mordstatter
Music[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The shouting guards insulting each other's parents is a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The names of the islands are a play on the words, "Nay 'tis not" (Neitiznot), and "Ya 'tis so" (Jatizso).
- For some reason, Jagex tends to create islands in RuneScape square. The Fremennik Isles, Ape Atoll, Harmony Island, Pest Control, Entrana, and Karamja all appear to be square-shaped on the map.