This article is about the emote. For the Ancient Magicks spells with a freezing effect, see Ice spells
The Freeze emote was released during the 2008 Christmas event and given out during the 2009 Christmas event. During the 2008 Christmas event, Jack Frost casted an attack similar to a Water Bolt that forced players to use the Freeze emote, unlocking the emote for global use. It was released again when talking to Santa Claus after he got out of his cage during the 2009 Christmas event. If it follows the tradition of all other holiday event emotes, players can unlock it by completing the upcoming Christmas events. If the Snowman Dance emote has not already been unlocked, it can be unlocked in conjunction with the Freeze emote.
Freeze emote sound effect
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 23 March 2010 (Update):
- This animation emote's name has been made more consistent.
- patch 16 February 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the Freeze and Dramatic Point emotes and cow milking animations.
- The emote has been known to glitch on occasion, usually through another animation clashing with it. These include standing still as the ice performs the animation or doing the animation without the ice appearing.
- The emote was originally called "Freeze", changed to "Freeze and Melt", and then changed back to "Freeze".
- Originally players were able to press the emote and equip or unequip items while the emote was being executed so that their appearance would be completely different before and after. This has since been updated so that players cannot do any other action while the emote is taking place.