Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Lumbridge Sage.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.|
|Enemies to defeat||
Starting out[edit | edit source]
Inspect Phileas, the Lumbridge Sage, in the banquet hall in Lumbridge Castle. Aris tells you to make a Cake of guidance. She suggests you talk with Traiborn in the Wizards' Tower for help with the cake. Your Cooking level will actually have to be 40, even though none of the tasks require it to be so. This may be because the Cooking level needed to bake a regular cake is 40.
If you do not already have them, go to the Culinaromancer's chest and buy an egg, a bucket of milk, a pot of flour, and a cake tin.
The quickest way to get to the Wizards' Tower is to use the Teleport option from the wicked hood.
Speak to Traiborn on the 2nd floor[UK]3rd floor[US] of the Wizards' Tower, and ask about helping the Lumbridge Sage. He will tell you that you need to enchant all the ingredients for a normal cake: an egg, a bucket of milk, and some flour.
To enchant the egg[edit | edit source]
Please note that after you have enchanted the objects, you will only get them back as enchanted.
You must pass a short quiz to enchant the egg with knowledge. Traiborn will show you an NPC you've seen in one of the required quests for Recipe for Disaster and then ask you who he or she is. Answer correctly three times to get an Enchanted Egg.
Some of the people you may need to identify:
- A man with a ponytail, with a book = Reldo
- A woman in pale-green ghostly clothes = Velorina
- A man in desert robes with a white beard = Ali Morrisane
- An elf = Islwyn
- A bald man with a purple shirt and black pants = Unferth
- A woman with a pink top/ wearing a bonnet. = Gertrude
- A woman in green, who looks like a witch = Hetty
- A hooded man = Pirate Pete
- A king in red and white = King Lathas
- A man in dark clothes with a monocle = Professor Gronigen
After correctly naming three people, repeat the words Traiborn says ("Dandolino Zadribrim"), and you will have an enchanted egg.
To enchant the milk[edit | edit source]
Traiborn will ask you general questions about RuneScape. Answer three correctly to get Enchanted Milk.
Some of the questions he may ask you are:
- What is the defence requirement to wear a Mystic hat = 50
- What is the name of the Toy salesman = Diango
- Ingredients in a cake = flour, egg, milk
- The combat level of unarmed goblins near Lumbridge is = 2
- GP to bribe an Al Kharid gate guard = 10
- What doesn't lie between Morytania and Asgarnia = Keep Le Faye
- Gold ring is to 5 as a holy symbol is to = 16 (crafting level req.)
- Glass vial is to 33 as a glass orb is to = 46 (crafting level req.)
- "What is the nearest guild to the Fishing Platform (as the seagull flies)?" = Legends
- Bar west of Pollnivneach = Bandit Camp
- The River Salve runs from = north to south
- If I'm going to need glass, I will need = sand, bucket, soda ash, glassblowing pipe
- "I can hear howling in one direction and buzzing in the other—where am I?" = Catherby
- Number of Fire runes required for an Fire Strike multiplied with the required runes for an Air Strike plus the Earth runes for an Earth Wave = 5
- Which tower is closest to the Crafting Guild = Dark Wizards' Tower
After correctly answering the three questions, repeat the words Traiborn says ("Skalindom Ralinaplo"), and you will have enchanted milk.
To enchant the flour[edit | edit source]
Traiborn will ask you to pass a memory test to enchant the flour with guidance. He will show you three sets of ten items, one set at a time. You then must answer a question about each set of items. For example, he may ask you how many types of runes were there. Answer the questions to get Enchanted Flour.
You are given as much time as you need to remember the ten items, so you could, in theory, just write them down or take a screenshot.
- On Windows, the print screen function may be helpful. To use this function, press the Alt and PrtSc SysRq (print screen) keys down at the same time. This will take a screenshot of your screen, which you can just paste in a Microsoft Word or Paint document.
- On macOS, open Preview, then select File > Take Screenshot > From Entire Screen. Also, Command+Shift+3 will take a screenshot of the entire screen and save it on the desktop.
There are a total of five different memory test pictures in which you will be quizzed from.
The questions he may ask you are displayed in the table below:
|Which item began with the letter "m"?||Mind Talisman|
|How many weapons were you shown?||3|
|Which items were amongst those you were shown?|
|Which of the following items were NOT shown to you?||Trout|
|How many types of runes were there?||2|
After passing the test, repeat the words Traiborn says ("Splendidium romelno"), and you will have enchanted flour.
To bake the cake[edit | edit source]
Use all three ingredients on a cake tin to make a Raw guide cake. Cook it on a range (use the one in the kitchen in Lumbridge Castle; it is the closest) to get a Cake of guidance. The cake cannot be burned or eaten. Use the cake on the Lumbridge Sage at the banquet table to complete the quest.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- 2,500 experience
- 2,500 experience
- (Further) access to the Culinaromancer's chest
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage ( 0) – Complete this Intermediate quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Recipe for Disaster: Freeing the Lumbridge Sage is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Players can once again progress past Wizard Traiborn's quizzes in Recipe for Disaster.
|A subquest of Recipe for Disaster|