Forum:Wiki war flag
- Taken from it's original thread at Forum:Changing the logo 14:32, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
http://a.imageshack.us/img819/3813/warflag.png I think the Wiki could do with a war flag for use when we attend tournaments or when other fansites decide to make standard-bearers for us. This will be separate to finding a new logo but use a similar selection process, on a smaller scale.
- Decide whether we could use a war flag
- Submit proposals
- Use the same selection process as the logo to find 2-3 suitable candidates
- Have a big discussion and select the best one
Here, the normal rules apply: Support means you want a war flag and oppose means you would not like the Wiki to have one.
- How is this even like democracy? 222 talk 04:34, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- " Support means you want a war flag and oppose means you would not like the Wiki to have one." That just screams to me, voting. 04:59, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - It's easier for everyone to just have 1 logo, as Zamorak said. It represents who we are.14:18, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- How am I making the logo selection process more "damn complicated". This is entirely separate to the logo finding thread and it only uses its selection process which is good. And this isn't a logo anyway. 222 talk 09:40, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - Per Halo and Swizz, unnecessary and it complicates the logo finding process further - [Pharos] 14:45, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- How is this complicating the logo finding process further. This is entirely separate to the logo finding thread and it only uses its selection process which is good. And this isn't a logo anyway. 222 talk 09:40, September 1, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - Our logo represents who we are, Simply. We do not need another complex discussion about something that will be used only for "wars" against other fansites. Ruud (talk)(Suggest me naems) 18:29, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Strong oppose - That's like saying that the US should get a separate flag for when it goes to war. I haven't seen the soldiers raising any flag other than the stars and stripes yet. --LiquidTalk 18:54, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Flags of the United States armed forces and POW/MIA flag. Ryan PM 21:27, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
- Those go on our bases and such.For conquered fields of battle it is Old Glory all the way.--Degenret01 00:12, August 30, 2010 (UTC)
Strong Oppose - Per Liquidhelm.  19:02, August 29, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Honestly, I really like that image, but I opppose the "war flag" idea. Aside from the supporting/opposing of a war flag, I wonder about copyright issues. Fair Use would be our only defense, but purpose and substantiality look bad for us. Purpose of the use: making our site pretty. Nature of the work: unprotected image. Substantiality of the use: 100% of the Runescape logo. Effect on the market value: undetermined. I would be more opposed to this logo than the current logo with regards to copyright; at least we're currently only taking the runes. Leftiness 20:54, August 31, 2010 (UTC)
- Most of that comment applies to the example given, not to war flags in general. Howewer, I oppose a war flag as well, it's overcomplicating something that's already too confusing. I'm a regular user and I approve this message.