Forum:Western Winter Wikifest 2011
|Date||20 March 2011|
|Clan Chat||RSW Events|
|Note that the Clan Chat will be muted and unmuted throughout the fest|
for announcements. Please watch the CC for any such announcements.
|4:00 - 4:15||Meet & Greet||Meeting in the fields south of the Monastery.|
|4:15 - 4:35||Hide & Seek||Hiders will be given a sum of money to award to the first person to find them. Event will cover the whole of safe F2P RuneScape.|
|4:35 - 5:00||Fist of Guthix & Clan FFA Wars||Some games of FoG, and if conditions permit, entering FFA clan wars (as they are now in the same location).|
|5:00 - 5:20||GE Bombing||The classic GE Bombing with a new addition! Cabbages, fires, or just drop anything to spam up the GE! We will first go from the Gamers Grotto to the Cabbage patch, and from there to the Grand Exchange.|
|END Free to Play Wikifest|
|START Members-only Wikifest|
|5:20 - 6:00||Castle Wars||A few games of classic Castle Wars.|
|6:00 - 7:00||Stealing Creation||A race to the grotto will be done if the situation permits. If too many people are present, it will be skipped.|
Modified version of the time table for the other wikifest. Swiz appears to have given up on planning the fest, and I'm willing to jump back in. I'd rather the ET be planning it, but this is fine.
Anyway, any feedback would be appreciated.
13:05, February 26, 2011 (UTC)
Comment - Yo dawg I heard you like wikifests so I put a wikifest proposal on yo' yew grove so you can debate changes to the wikifest while you debate changes to the wikifest.14:30, March 4, 2011 (UTC)
- Unless anyone opposes, everyone who attends will have to wear a fish on their head. Anyone who doesn't will be kicked from the CC. 13:04, March 6, 2011 (UTC)
Comment - Can anybody sign up to be a moderator for F2p wikifest events? if so where do we sign up?-Firetroll553
- There should probably be a 5 minute gap between all events, running to a tight schedule can be quite annoying as delays are to be expected.
- I'm happy with the F2P section, it's not exactly original but it's worked pretty well in the past. We could probably switch FoG with Clan wars or something. FoG has not been working too well in the past, although on the other hand, splitting the group in half/finding another clan to vs could be troublesome.
- Castlewars and then SC? Boooooring. Although I guess it's hard for you to know that seeing as you're F2P :P How about we get rid of castle wars and then pop a boss mass in to finish the fest. KBD won't work this time, but maybe kq will. We can ofcourse split cc's if we get a big turnout.
- I wouldnt mind another group photo. We could do it right after the bombing or take it at the beginning during the time we'd normally have a costume contest in. - [Pharos] iPhone Edit 12:56, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
- That's already factored in. Having a five minute gap that is not accounted for on the table would become confusing.
- An F2P fest that is original? Is that even possible? Nope. We can't do Clan wars, because it's difficult to find a clan to fight against. All the major clan owners appear to be part of some big aristocracy that none of us are a part of. We could try to work it out with one of the major clans ahead of time, though.
- I don't know...
- No group photo. Be my guest if you would like to get one-hundred people in a game to line up for a picture, but I can't see it working out. I understand it worked with the Aussie/Singapore fest, but keep in mind, that fest had far fewer people attending. 20:25, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Notice of Intent - If no real discussion takes place in the next three days, the western wikifest will be canceled.19:57, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
- Let's go spam the talk pages of everyone that opposed discontinuing community-run wikifests until they change their stance or come comment. I'm hearing a lot of "just needs re-thinking" and "brings the community together". Well, you want it? Then come ****ing help. - [Pharos] iPhone Edit 00:18, March 13, 2011 (UTC)
- I imagine the people who think it needs "re-thinking" don't know what to "re-think" it to and are hoping that somebody will magically come up with something. 16:23, March 13, 2011 (UTC)
Closed - I polled a few people in the CC. It appears nobody is interested in there being a wikifest.19:48, March 14, 2011 (UTC)