I'm not sure if the current 'personal image' policy covers this, but I think we oughta reword it to include videos. We might even consider putting it in the Site Notice for a while. WWTDD? 19:04, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- AgreedAtlandy 19:06, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- I second that. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 19:08, 4 February 2009 (UTC)
- This needs to get a consensus soon, as people uploading silly videos is going to get out of hand, fast. Karlis (talk) (contribs) 00:26, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Absolutely stop any furter uploading of these things. After all, isn't a video (movie) a series of consecutive images (pictures)? So this is technically covered already.--Degenret01 03:06, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- I don't even like the idea of uploading videos. If people want to display videos they can upload it to Youtube and link to it...
- You can embed Youtube videos right into the middle of an article anyway.... if it is appropriate. While I think the deletion of "personal images" has gone overboard on this wiki, I fail to see what real benefit is gained by uploading most videos onto this wiki that isn't already covered with animated GIF images.... many of which are overdone as well.
- The main point of the "personal images" prohibition is mainly to keep this website from becoming a repository like Flicker and YouTube for other fan websites. In that spirit, I support a general prohibition against videos not used explicitly for content development or that is mostly a duplication of existing content. This is in spite of my desire to permit a limited number of snapshots related to your character that may appear on the user page for active participants of this website. --Robert Horning 09:15, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
- Support - I can see that a few people have been trying it out already, mostly with personal content. What makes it worse is that I can't see the videos on this computer, and the 'What links here' function doesn't seem to work for them. Hurston (T # C) 10:18, 5 February 2009 (UTC)
Support including videos in the personal image policy. This just sounds like common sense to me.20:29, 12 March 2009 (UTC)
Comment - We no longer have the video extension, so is this still valid? I guess we could pass this to future proof us if we end up with it again someday, but otherwise this could just be closed. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 12:58, 21 July 2009 (UTC)