Is it just me, or has anyone else found that SOMETIMES when uploading a new image, it doesn't upload properly or it does not update for a few days/weeks. If so, please explain why this happens. BTW, refreshing the cache does not seem to work. Thanks, LordDarkPhantom 18:37, January 12, 2010 (UTC)
- Comment - This has always been a normal problem on all wiki sites, usually refreshing your cache can help (Ctrl-Reload in Firefox) but as of late, it seems to be taking weeks and I have had many users seek help with this problem. Maybe Wikia has lessened the times that their cache refreshes? I wouldn't know, maybe something worth sending a problem report about; I can refer it to Wikia Staff. Cheers, Chicken7 >talk 01:58, January 13, 2010 (UTC)
This is a method I use to purge the server-side cache. I remember reading it somewhere...
- When you upload an image, go to its description page and click on the thumbnail you recently uploaded.
- Add ?0 or ?1 or ?whatever at the end of the URL, and hit ENTER/GO/etc. This should purge the file cache.
- Go back to the description page, and add the same text at the end of the URL, and hit ENTER/GO/etc. You should see the newly uploaded image in the description page.
- Repeat as necessary until you see the uploaded image.