Forum:Unnecessary or not?
So like... I was looking at Template:Infobox Bonuses and I see we have categories for... well... nothing?
The three categories are:
- [[:Category:Missing Melee critical bonus|Missing Melee critical bonus]]
- [[:Category:Missing Ranged critical bonus|Missing Ranged critical bonus]]
- [[:Category:Missing Magic critical bonus|Missing Magic critical bonus]]
and... typically, if a crit bonus is not specified, it likely means that the item just doesn't have crit. Very rarely will we have missing bonuses on items.
I have a kind of in-the-middle stand on whether they should stay or go.
If they stay...
- They serve as a fail-safe for if we need it
Or if they go...
- Then we don't have them
- Keep them as like (hidden?) categories?
For example, go to Drygore rapier and notice how the crit bonuses are ? marks. We can make all crit bonuses shown as 0% if no crit is specified but still categorize it.
Keep - Don't we have tons of categories like those? I don't really see why we would need to remove them - these categories indicate pages that lack info on crit bonus, i.e. pages where something is missing, i.e. pages that need to be changed. Why would you want to delete the categories? Oil4 Talk 12:41, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
Merge - To be frank. MolMan 13:38, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
- Good idea tbh. I don't think we need 3 categories... it is a bit redundant.
/bren/tc04:39, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- I agree. One category would do. I'd also like to add that as maintenance categories they should already be hidden. --Henneyj 12:30, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Support merge - 1 category is fine. --Shockstorm (talk) 22:30, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
03:37, April 3, 2013 (UTC)