I have been kicked twice so far, for invalid reasons
As seen in the picture above, I was simply minding my own business at frost dragons while I noticed people talking about a certain dungeoneering reward. I spoke my opinion and told the user not to purchase it, and it was a waste of tokens. Ghastly then attempted to verbally attack me, and after I responded to that, I was kicked. Why was I kicked for no reason?
Case 2, a player was spamming (not heavily, but still enough to disrupt my chatting experience) I told him to please stop spamming and the clan chat yelled at me about being a wannabe mod, what is wrong with following runescape rules? After I reported him and wished him luck with his appeals, I was kicked, for following the rules of runescape.
I say the kicks were just. I also vote we take it one step further and just ban Bawble from the CC. (wszx) 00:15, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Reasoning? 222 talk 00:16, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- He's a douche. I imagine everyone in the CC at the time would agree. (wszx) 00:17, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
(edit conflict) Comment - While I am surprised at the fact that both of the people who appeared to "cause" your kick are regular participants in the clan chat, and one is an admin; your issues seem to be valid. However, if it is possible, is there any more scrollback you have? As it would be extremely beneficial to be able to see the prior lead-up to the kick, rather than basing a support on just a few seconds of text prior. 222 talk 00:15, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- After speaking to a few of the people around in CC, it seems unanimous that people find him incredibly annoying (not quite the words they used to specify ). 222 talk 01:33, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Support above. - Per Harle. Seriously, you are unwelcome in our community. melon 00:17, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- P.S. - You told me that a halo is a waste. It's from castle wars, not dungeoneering. Get your facts straight. melon 00:19, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
I kicked him in the second one. All Halo was doing was telling a story that spanned multiple lines but it was valid conversation. Bawble had been trolling the cc before, so when he threatened to report Halo for just talking, it pissed me off and further proved that he was just here to cause trouble. Also although it might not be a totally valid point to everyone, it mattered to me that this happened on Christmas and it was just kinda like "ffs don't be a dick on Christmas." I would love a full on ban though like Harle said because all he does is cause problems. But whatever. The second one wasn't Halo's fault though so I just wanted to say that. Christine 00:20, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Regarding the first one, kicking someone who has a different opinion than you about the use of Dungeoneering tokens seems silly. For the second one, I still don't see where Bawble broke any of the CC rules although he did report someone for what probably wasn't rule-breaking. Still, that's Jagex's issue if they want to punish him for misusing the report abuse button, and it's hard to tell whether Halo's story-telling was disrupting other conversations since there's not a complete log. Gangsterls talk 00:27, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I took up 4 lines of chat total (before he said I was spamming). And I didn't kick him on either occasion. HaloTalk 00:31, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Not enough evidence was included as said above, and it seems like from what people were saying, the kicks were at least somewhat just.00:39, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Weeeeell I wasn't on when either kick occured, but he was being quite a "douche" earlier on when I was on. And seemed to express his opinion on certain items/methods quite often and quite unnecessarily. Often followed by insulting whoever disagreed with him. - [Pharos] iPhone Edit 00:49, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment- Just out of curiosity, why was I kicked in this situation?
Before I joined the cc in the picture, I was kicked (again) a couple hours earlier, for an argument about free trade/wilderness (some people are very serious about that topic), I didn't screenshot it because I didn't really care that much, it was my first kick, and I didn't think it would lead to a problem such as this, where I'm kicked ~10 seconds after I join the chat. I would love to know why I was kicked upon entering the clan chat... And even if I did deserve the last kick for arguing about wildy/free trade, does that really deserve 2 kicks? Thanks in advance to whichever rank (I didn't get to see the cc list, I was kicked too fast) can tell me why I was kicked. If a rank has a personal problem with me(which i assume one does, because of what happened in this picture), there is an ignore list in-game, and it was made for a reason. I, for one, have almost a full list, I prefer to add people to the list instead of arguing with them and causing more drama in the cc.
|Cheers, Bawble.22.214.171.124 02:13, December 27, 2010 (UTC)|
- I have no idea who kicked above since I wasn't even online at the time (or at least not in the cc), but as I said in the cc just now, the ignore list doesn't give you the right to be a dick. We still have policies that you agree to follow when you enter our cc. Christine 02:35, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Fine, RS:UTP. Christine 03:17, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment- Hey there Christine, I appreciate your help, but I would like to point out that in the clan chat "DBAD" policies.. it specifically says " Telling someone "Don't be a dick" is usually a dickish move — especially if it's true. Doing so is more or less name calling and it will always reduce the chance that the other will listen to what you say" I think you should probably re-read the policies yourself, seeing as you contradict yourself many many times, and after reading your earlier post I have come to the conclusion you yourself haven't even read them, lets be honest. Here's another good section you should really remember, "Focus on behavior, not on the individual. Be specific about what you want. Be specific about why you want it. Be specific about why the other person's behavior is counter-productive. assume good faith to the maximum extent possible. If you don't understand why someone is doing something, ask. Don't rush to complain until you are sure that good faith negotiations can't work. Try to understand before you try to be understood" Also, after I "left" last night, all I really did was hop onto my other account and join the clan chat, and to my surprise, there was some pretty hurtful things being said. While standing at the ge, this was said..
- C'mon guys, racism isn't cool. For your information, I am african american, and that is really offensive to me. The surprising part is, there was a large amount of ranks in the clan chat when this was said.. and the person who said it wasn't kicked (to my knowledge, at least, I left the cc early because I was offended and disgusted) I teleported to the herblore habitat area to buy my daily vials and baskets (free 300k! woot!) and I stood there for a while to see what conversation was going on in the cc.. and to my surprise, this was said.
- How can you trust anyone else's picture now after that was said? They're most likely going to be eddited, like I said before, if you have a personal problem with me, adding me to ignore is 2 clicks away, no need to make fake pictures and try to get me banned. Love, Bawble 126.96.36.199 15:29, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Errrm, by that logic, we can't trust your pic with proof of them saying that. Therefore we can trust all pics, including yours, which has the proof to make us not trust all pics... This kinda creates a paradox...
- Back to my point, we cant immediately disregard all pics, because your proof for that is a pic too, get me? - [Pharos] 15:59, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Harle (aka Wszx) has a slightly bizarre sense of humour. I think that he was probably joking.
- As for the whole "banning" thing, there are a LOT of users in the CC, and if you've got a tendency to troll or flame others, we aren't going to tell the entire CC to put you on ignore. It appears that Harle, Pharos and some others don't particularly want you in this CC, and knowing them, they're also thinking of the community...banning you would stop everyone else going through the same thing they've gone through over the past few days. Real Mad 16:09, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Comment- So wait, racist jokes are allowed? Oh, didn't know that. I'm aware that he was "probably joking", but that doesn't change the fact that it's hurtful, does it? And feel free to ask some of the ranks if that was really said since they could be fake, apparently (Aburnett, Ajraddatz, Clv309 and Gangsterls were all in the cc when these things were said), and if you're going to trust any pics from them after they clearly said that editting chat logs to get me banned was a good idea, then you should probably just stay out of the thread. Sincerely, Bawble 188.8.131.52 16:23, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- He wasn't trying to be racist. Harle was making a joke that ended up being hurtful. Sorry that it's offended you, but I'm fairly confident that no harm was intended. Real Mad 16:29, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I didn't doubt it ^_^, i just found it odd that he disallowed his own proof. But thanks for confirming anyway :) - [Pharos] 17:31, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Just so you guys know. Just because a rank is in chat doesn't mean he/she is paying attention. Many times I am busy, or especially around the holidays I am talking or something. Also I tend to edit/do administrative stuff while logged in. I know this applies to the majority of sysops, so don't expect they saw what happened just because they were in chat. If you have a problem, PM one of them to take action. HaloTalk 18:02, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
nope.avi - I'm the one who was editing chat screenshots I took. I'm not an idiot, and I know what you're trying to do. You come into our clan chat, troll the hell out of us. Okay, fine. Then, you know that the collective Clan Chat group is different than the site regulars, so you make a thread here, in attempt to make us all look bad. You hear that someone has taken a couple screenshots and is doing simple edits like cropping out the rest of the game interface (exactly like you didn't do with your original screenshots. Clean up your act) and you get scared that your plan is backfiring. Step 1: Disprove incoming proof. We're not idiots. I've sent the first set of screenshots to the user you were harrassing, and it is up to them whether or not that set will be used. However, I have these. Note that above the line "You don't have enough inventory space" the hanging g tails and missing piece of the y are because the interface didn't finish drawing the chatbox while I was scrolling and before the image was taken. I run at 4 frames per second, and there's nothing that can be done about it.
Now, we know and fully expect you to go on and on about fake this and blah blah that. We understand that not all the same CC users are site regulars. You're playing upon the people here who don't see your behaviour there to side with you and make the rest of us look bad. And now, your rude, ignorant moments of trolling are much more sparse because you dont want to risk this prank falling apart. Stop messing with our community. We get that you're bored of RuneScape. Go play another game, go outside, whatever. Let us be. melon 19:23, December 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment- Cute theory, but no. People were attacking me for what I said, about my opinion on chaotic crossbow. Are personal attacks really allowed? Saying I play 10 hours a day? Why am I being kicked for offering my opinion on how to play the game?
Read everything I say, none of that deserves a kick, and that's for sure. I turn private chat on and I'm greeted by a very racist and mean pm, from Beekeeper, I tried to add him back and ask him why he was so angry at me, but when I added him he appeared offline. Once again, racism is not cool guys.
Closed by request - While both Bawble and other CC members displayed inappropriate behavior, there is not enough evidence of violations of CC rules for action to be taken. Gangsterls talk 20:03, December 27, 2010 (UTC)