Forum:Smithing information for armour
Should we include the information on smithing an item (bars required, level, experience) in metal armour article? An example would be Rune kiteshield. I think that this is helpful as it is one of the ways that these items can be accquired, and this information is useful in making this wiki as granular as possible. Please share your thoughts on this topic. -- Couchpotato99 (talk) (contribs) 02:06, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- Not really relevent to the item description in my opinion. Shadowdancer 02:20, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- We should include it for granularity, but I agree with Shadowdancer as well. Maybe "Rune kiteshield is a piece of armour that can be smithed..." and just link to smithing, or maybe the appropriate smithing table that we need. I'm really against placing information in more than one place. Hyenastetalk 02:28, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- I think it's pretty important to include where an item comes from in its article. A link to it's smithing page should be plenty for armor though.
- --Wowbagger421 02:41, 19 August 2006 (UTC)
- With 20:20 hindsight, a "Smithing level" option for the item infobox would be a nice trick - one of those where it only appears if defined. Ace of Risk 15:08, 19 August 2006 (UTC)