The slang dictionary is currently a horrible mess, few would deny that. I propose this major revamp of both Slang dictionary and [[Slang dictionary/Clean]] to make it less of a behomth and actually useful for someone who wants to learn slang. There are 5 steps to this plan:
- Get everything from the clean dictionary that isn't on the crude dictionary page and place it on the crude page, making one massive definitive page.
- Try typing every single phrase/acronym/censor evasion/word in-game (probably in a POH to prevent people from thinking that you are trying to swear) to check if it can actually be said in-game. If it can't then remove it. You will never come across that word in RuneScape, so there is no need to document it.
- Remove the reportable column. In nearly every case that is left, it is not the word but the context that makes it reportable.
- Remove dodgy, unknown phrases like "FGJ = For great justice" or "Cool story bro, when's the sequel? = I don't care". They are never said, and therefore don't have a place on the page.
- Add something like this template from Uncyclopedia to every swearword that is censored in-game. Leave the first letter uncensored so people are not forced to unhide it to understand what it means. Try to make it asterisks instead of big black bars if possible.
Ultra-Mega-Super-Happy-Funtime-Support I agree, the Slang dictionary is a nightmare, and it needs to be cleaned up thoroughly. BDRAKErwojy 03:43, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Support - I'll try out the words ingame :o. Also this is weird but I've never hear csb wts until yesterday. Someone actually does use it so, maybe all the words that may be deleted get put in a review section maybe on a different page where we can review each one as a community. Just because you haven't heard it used doesn't make it unused. Just like this redirect which I know I've heard it a lot but those people didn't and deleted the page. scooties 03:47, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Support - per all03:50, February 20, 2010 (UTC))
With the second point, why should we include censor evasions? I mean, who wouldn't already know that "q3n15" is simply an evaded "penis", and how does it even help the article? I think things like that should just be removed on sight. For example, as quoted from the page's current revision. Wow, that does not help in any way. "Rtard". "Secks". Really, it doesn't matter if they can be said in-game or not. They aren't even slang—they're just alternate spellings. Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 06:01, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- That kind of stuff shouldn't be there in the first place, all it is is censor evasion, and we don't need to show people how to do it. VGUZJrwojy 06:49, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
- I agree that that would be a good idea, but I remember the main point that people argued over was about whether we should omit content because people could find it offensive. I think if I tried to include it in the proposal, then nobody would be able to agree on it and the entire thread would come to nothing due to no consensus. Thanks to Jagex being fast to respond to censor things like this, nearly every censor-evasion word should hopefully be censored. Evil Yanks talk 07:09, February 20, 2010 (UTC)
Support Additionally, I support proposition #5 so that we won't need two versions of the article (clean and otherwise). --18:08, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
Support Per others, also if I may bring this up I think that the slang dictionary be checked every once in awhile after clean up (few days to a week) to make sure people don't add random unused/underused slang to it. IE adding something like ITW (I'm that win) in order to get it popular/spread amongst other people. fetus is my son and I love him. 23:59, February 21, 2010 (UTC)
Support - Per Rwojy01:35, February 22, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - The action will be taken.19:21, April 19, 2010 (UTC)