Forum:Skill guide name spaces
Ok so looking at the skill list, the training guides are either /[skill]_training, /Free_to_play_[skill]_training, /Pay_to_play_[skill]_training. Perhaps we could make things a little tidier across all skill-related guides?
- Not user friendly
- You're almost restricted to searching for or finding the link directly in the associated article unless you frequent the wiki and pay attention to URL formats
- It feels inconsistent since not all members-only skills are /Pay_to_play_[skill]_training, although I understand this is due to a lack of free-version of the guide.
I propose we follow a new standard of /[skill]/training/[members/free]. In this way, similar guides related to the skill can all be grouped within the skill. eg: /[skill]/mmg, /[skill]/calculators, etc.
As far as I can foresee the worst part will be changing links and potentially the problem of the page title unless there's a way to give that a different name than Members or Free as in the above suggestion.
Kinda oppose - I don't have a problem with how they're organized right now.
- RE: Not accessible
- Guides are linked to at the top of each skill's article, on Skill training guides (which is in [[MediaWiki:Wiki-navigation]]), and at the bottom of every other guide through Template:Training guides
- Every guide has like 50 redirects of every possible spelling of the title
- "[...] unless you pay attention to URL formats" applies to your proposed titles as well
- Players that already know the current format will have to adjust to a new naming system
- RE: Organization
- Subpages are great, but three levels seems a bit excessive
- Calculators should go in the Calculator: namespace, not as a subpage of a skill article
- Money making guide contains more than just skilling-related methods; anything that would fit under [skill]/MMG would be split from the standard MMG/[method], which is inconsistent and forces players to look in two places
--02:21, May 18, 2015 (UTC)
- Mm understandable. I was thinking more along the lines of disambiguation page with the /calculator, not really moving the calculators away from the Calculator: namespace. I think I mostly just don't like the 'pay_to_play' or 'free_to_play' namespaces. - LDemonl (talk) 11:19, May 19, 2015 (UTC)