Forum:Shut down RS:CE and RS:IFC
Yes, I know I championed the [[RS:IFC|Inter-fansite communication team]] and [[RS:CE|Community events]] a while back, but clearly they have been nothing but useless. Right now, there are two options on the table.
- Leave the pages alone and pretend they don't exist.
- Delete them before any more users think that someone is watching them.
Now, their "replacements":
- RS:IFC - Any fansite who wishes to talk to us should make a Yew Grove thread, and if this passes the line about fansites will be changed accordingly. Note - Fansite related discussions should be directed to the Events Team, everything else to the Yew Grove.
- RS:CE - Now, this is the slightly more complicated part. Anyone who wants to advertise their personal event should be allowed to advertise it under a level 2 header on the Events Team page. Possibly with a disclaimer stating that these events are not officially supported by the Events Team.
Support both - They are both pretty much useless now. Per trying to get it deleted a year ago. 07:57, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- For the record, I support deleting RS:CE, not having a section on the ET page in it's place. 06:47, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Support 1, Strong oppose 2 - Just get rid of the CE. Redirecting it to the ET would be weird considering ET events are official and CE are not. Non-ET community events should be held in peoples' userspaces. If the current CE isn't used, what makes you think it will be more used on the ET page? Because it gets more trafficking? I don't even want to think about the spam it could receive.. 13:44, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- He doesn't necessarily think it will be used more on the ET page. He's just saying "Hey, I want to get rid of this. Here's something people can use instead of it if they really want to". Matt (t) 21:12, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
Support 1, Strong oppose 2 - As far as I can tell, the Inter-fansite communication team is a dead project, and it does seem quite reasonable to remove it. As for CE, I don't like the idea of redirect to ET because in my eyes, the ET functions really well the way it exists at the present. I fear that the CE redirect would interfere with this. As Urbancowgirl suggests above unofficial non ET events could be hosted in peoples' user space. My point is that it is important to remove the dead projects, but also maintain the organised and official status of the ET. Raglough 14:04, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
Support Kill Both - It was easier to advertise on my userpage, not RS:CE. I have only been to RS:IFC once, and that was after accidentally landing on that page. Hair 23:16, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I really don't know what I read, but now that I re-read it, I think we should just get rid of them both. Hair 01:54, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Support both - Dead project is dead. May as well clear it up00:40, February 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Getting rid of it completely. --LiquidTalk 07:12, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Deleting it. 07:16, February 26, 2012 (UTC)