Forum:Script to ensure people sign their comments
If the edit window doesn't contain 3 tildes or more, the script will prompt the user if they are sure that they would like to post anyway.
This would remove the need for using the unsigned template in most of the cases.
The script will only run on talk pages (Talk:, User_talk:, etc.) and forum pages (Forum:).
- Then you will just click the "Ok" button. The script also only runs on talk pages and forum pages. TyiloTalk 20:13, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Queston #3 - What if this gets annoying? How about that?21:28, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- We could make an option to disable it or make it only display for users who are not logged in. TyiloTalk 21:40, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Support - although this probably won't help with certain people who absolutely refuse to sign messages. 22:03, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Conditional Support - What if it only prompts IPs or non-autoconfirmed users? Or if it doesn't prompt admins, custodians and rollbacks? Otherwise I think that it would be a nuisance to people who fix links in talk namespaces. ɳex undique 23:21, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- It's just one extra click. Matt (t) 23:23, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Efficiency ɳex undique 01:15, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Now that it's optional through js, I support it. ɳex undique 02:11, February 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I like that idea. ɳex undique 01:15, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Me too. That'd remove the need to sign for spelling mistakes etc. 06:08, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
if disabled on minor edit - Seems to be a win-win this way. Maintenance has no issues (sure, it's an extra click, but I actually tried using that "warn if no edit summary" option before, and it eventually drove me mad and had to turn it off again). I have annoying times when I accidentally forget to sign, and have to come back and add the signature, so would definitely like a warning for that. [Edit conflict] Yep, support. Hofmic Talk 06:19, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Support - Per Hofmic.  06:40, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Support if you could make a short script that would disable the popup box from appearing (for example a very short script that would just change a variable which disables it). Then maybe it could be added to the gadgets section of your preferences. That would be useful to disable it if you want. Of course the minor edit change is also good aside that. JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 12:02, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
- ^this bad_fetustalk 16:35, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
- If Tylio would make the script run only
if (enforceSign), you could put
var enforceSign = false;in your /skin.js and it would be disabled for you (if I'm not mistaken). The script would need
var enforceSign = enforceSign?enforceSign:true;before the if statement to make it work, by the way (preferably have the var checked only when submitting, because else the var might not be defined yet when the script loads (common.js loads before /skin.js) and then it might still enforce signing). JOEYTJE50TALK pull my finger 16:50, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
Question While I realise that anyone who signs doesn't leave tildes around the place as a result, what if they was already a few tildes on the page, either seperated or wrapped in <nowiki> code tags? Other than that, I offer my support. -- Cycloneblaze (user - talk - contribs) 10:26, March 4, 2012 (UTC)