Forum:Saradomin godwars watery area
i believe this needs a mention somewhere- its own article, in leaks, in future updates or as trivia in the GWD article. it seems like an important place, is confirmed to be unique and not just another area of rs that happends to be stored near gwd, and seems to be some sort of leak even if it will not be a future update. the same goes for the stronghold of security orb- this to me seems very likly to be a early version of the orb in the ancient cavern, however it is still a leak of some sort. thoughts? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 3rd age farcaster (talk) on 02:01, February 2, 2010 (UTC).
[[File:Gwd1.png|thumb|left|a wing]] [[File:Gwd2.png|thumb|left|a jaw]] [[File:Gwd3.png|thumb|left|ribs]]
- Bubbles have about 4 Frames of animations, this means they are WAAAAAY to old and havent been updates in YEARS.
- That area isnt even in HD, it haves SD models AND skins, another proof that its old and havent been updates.
- It was there WAY to long ago, just people started noticing now.
- The "tower" like thing near the ribcage is in the GWD, but frozen (Confirmed in Zamorak Fortress).
- A Dragon Wing?! It is A.) Glitched or B.) Forgotten
- The Area is unfinished, No floor, no room ending, means it was scrapped long ago...
- The orb is just a glitch with the Orb, same happens with the RFD underwater area when you see through it from the Arsganian Ice Dungeon, only without water, but in this case, without heads, so its no leak. ScionCrush 02:04, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
all that shows is that it is less likely to be a future update.02:05, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Scion, this place hasn't been "scrapped". When things like the Orb are released, there are often new ares discovered in that GWD place. So this is probably a hint towards a big GWD update, not some idea that was scrapped. Oil4 Talk 07:01, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
This discussion will also be used to decide the fate of other orb of oculus 'secret area' pictures. OZRVOSrwojy 03:09, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Conditional support - I support mentioning about these areas. There are many issues though. We don't have names for these places, we don't know what they are for, we don't know if they'll be released, it is a magnet for speculation. Maybe an article, not Upcoming updates, but a new one, like "Secret locations" or "Unknown locations" or something. It is worth documenting these place I believe. What does it matter if they are released or not?!?! That doesn't matter at all, everything is worth documenting if Jagex has considered it. Imho, everything is worth documenting if it is RS related, but it seems people don't want articles about things like this, but instead Template:Userbox/CheeseRulez|userboxes telling users they like cheese..... Chicken7 >talk 05:39, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Create a page called "Unknown locations" - Sounds like a good idea since so much information has surfaced as a result of the new orb which can't be recorded any other way. As long as any speculation on there has a lot (a lot) of hard evidence behind it, I think that mentioning in passing what it is most likely could be is fine. Evil Yanks talk 07:12, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Support creating a page called "Orb locations", and linking it from the Orb of oculus article. 09:36, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Support for creating page - Hidden areas would be nice to mention in my opinion. However, other than this underwater place near Saradomin's Encampment, how many actual hidden areas have been found? Many supposedly hidden places have been discovered with the Orb of oculus, but all of them have been confirmed to be places that already exist. The only other real hidden place I know of is the inaccessible fairy ring near the Tzhaar City bank (so excuse my ignorance if there are many more hidden places). The page will probably be very small at first, but it might expand in the future.
By the way, if you want to know whether the orb room northwest of the Stronghold of Security is an early version, go to the actual room with the Orb of oculus and try to look southeast to see if you can see the Stronghold. I may try this later.14:43, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Support - This is a very good idea, a place where all of these possible new locations can be organized, and like Tientjt0 said, it will expand as more of these areas are discovered. Vlastne 16:22, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
- Just an extra little tidbit, but I think this might be what it is!
If thou art asking of the city beneath the waves, it hath been submerged for many centuries, and most commonfolk consider it naught but a myth.
I tell thee true, however, that such a place doth indeed exist, and even as I write this there are those working to re-establish access between this place and the outside world that hath all but forgotten it over these past centuries.
” — God letters - Issue 24 - Guthix Ponders Vlastne 16:37, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
I immediately want to apologize if this entry is not to specifications. I am Fragarach1 in RS, and I seem to have discovered a hidden area beneath Ape Atoll, north of Zooknock's tunnels. The graphics seem to be in HD, and the area is very detailed. How do I upload my screenshots???
18.104.22.168 21:33, February 2, 2010 (UTC)
Support - Per everyone, and because it's something that can be actually found in-game as opposed to the debate over the Model Viewer.  00:56, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
==Create the page?== It seems like most people support it, and with Fragarach1's discovery, it shows that it will indeed grow as new areas are discovered. The title will be "Unknown Locations" as Evil yanks suggested. Is there a general go-ahead on this? Vlastne 00:52, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- We should probably get more community consensus first. • NnK Oliver • (600613) talk 00:55, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- We should call it "Orb locations" or something similar, since the images are obtained using the orb. "Unknown locations" is too general. There are plenty of unknown locations already documented in the article Unknown. Or, this article could be expanded to include the orb locations. 01:01, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- You are being too hasty, this forum has only existed for 22 hours, that is not nearly enough time to determine consensus. TORRIrwojy 00:58, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
i dont like orb locations, seeing as the watery area was from before the orb. perhaps unreleased locations?01:05, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Unkown locations sounds better, we don't even know if this is even going to be released. ScionCrush 02:32, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
as they said earlier, unknown would ge confused with unknown. how many support or disagree posts do i need before we decide 2 create/not create the article? 03:11, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- We don't vote on the wiki (excluding a few things), we find consensus. That means someone will see the arguements to both sides and make a decision. See here for more info. scooties 03:16, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
There could be 2 different names, "Unkown Areas in RuneScape"or "Unidentified Areas", I still disagree with this.ScionCrush 03:21, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- We only saw a single disagree post, I think it's safe to say that from the people posting here that most people agree that the article should be created, if not on the name of the article. Does there need to be more input from the larger community to create this article? I agree with Unidentified Locations, though that does make it sound like they are already a part of the gameplay. Vlastne 03:22, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Why are you in such a hurry to get this made? Discussion is still occuring, so this will stay open. DKIZIYrwojy 03:25, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- (edit conflict) This thread was created... yesterday, I believe? More people may want to comment. 03:27, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- Why are you in such a hurry to get this made? Discussion is still occuring, so this will stay open. DKIZIYrwojy 03:25, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Then we must get a name for it, since many people agree with the article being created (dont know why tho) it needs a good name, but instead of having its own article I think stuff like this need an article with a list of them (the very few), but if we cant choose a name then I think the article shouldnt be created.ScionCrush 03:31, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
- "Hidden Areas", although that makes it sound like Jagex intentionally put this there, or is deliberatly hiding "released" content. And in response to your first post, Scion, it is very unlikely that this was a scrapped project - this could simply be an older version of planned content they have yet to release, just testing the general look of an underwater area, etcetera. Vlastne 03:33, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
if you were asking me why im in such a hurry, im not. i like deadlines and predictions, rather then not knowning when. but i can ajust to your style. as for name, i stated my opinion- other then that, i dont really care.03:42, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Vlastne, I really doubt they have 4 years planning an update, im sure it was an area of the GWD that was going to be released but got scrapped, the walls textures are the same, only bluish, and notice how the area is all glitched, no floor, no aparent ending (AKA Unfinished), A Dragon Wing... Old Models and Skins, in the 4 years time they would have been "developing this", JaGEx could have made their own platform game (4 years is the aprox time it takes to make one), also notice the "tower" like thing, its in the GWD, but frozen, I have facts, what do you have?ScionCrush 03:47, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
jagex would not leave something like this in the game. as for evidince, it doesnt matter, seeing as this discussion isnt over how likely it is to come out or not. oh and what do we have? so far, more support then you do ;) jk. but after this im gunna try 2 stay outa that discussion.03:50, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Wich leads back to the Model Viewer discussion, if you check it (well, you cant, its Illegal, its for those who have), you can that JaGEx still keeps the WAY old models, in their servers AND in our PC's, why? I dont know, they left it, and that is much bigger deal than this. If this is coming, I think it should be added to "Areas not released". like the Island where Soul Wars is (the old one in the leaks page).ScionCrush 03:54, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
Whether or not it is ever added to the game or not, it is still there, it's interesting, and it should have an article just for that reason (or added to the "areas not released", either one is fine) Like I said, they could simply use ideas from there in other content, does that mean they will release an upgraded version of that dungeon? Of course not. Vlastne 03:56, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
I can agree with that, only if the article contains NO speculation and gives the actual facts, most importantly, that it has been there since the release of the GWD. And as of now, they have not used any single of its textures for 4 years, for me, its forgotten.ScionCrush 04:01, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
That's just fine with me, it's simply an interesting tidbit. Vlastne 23:07, February 3, 2010 (UTC)
3. With the new Orb of Oculus, players can see into area's beyond the wall which they couldn't before. Are you planning to change this in any way?
Answer: Don't think so. Don't really mind. Anything we really want to keep hidden isn't uploaded yet anyway.
- Andrew Gower
- That answers my question. Many players think they have found new areas with the Orb, but all of them are existing places in-game. We could still create the article, but it would be small since the only thing in it would be the underwater area near Saradomin's Encampment and... any others? 21:58, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
i think we sould give the sara godwars area its own article, and junk the rest. maby keep the orb, seeing as it is a different place- u cant see the stronghold from the orb. opinions?22:13, February 4, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say... I'm a regular user and I approve this message.
i, 3rd age farcaster, think, as in support, the idea that the watery area by saradomin's are in the dungeon were the godwars are still happening, should have its own article in the mainspace on the runescape wiki. clear?
A picture (or two) is worth a thousand words. 8-)
--TheLastWordSword 01:28, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Oo, that's a nice image you took of the place where you fight the Jungle Demon.
- You can't see the wooden platform or the big statue on the rock because they're on another level. 15:32, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
right now, i seem to have gotten almost 100% support. exactly how much support do i need, before we create an article that every1 agrees on? if we could make an article without speculation, and without acting like these are 4sure gunna be future updates, i think that would please most, maby all, of every1 who has posted so far. do we w8 for more posts, or make it now, provided we do agree on the above?17:01, February 5, 2010 (UTC)
"TzTok-Gas asks: 3. With the new Orb of Oculus, players can see into area's beyond the wall which they couldn't before. Are you planning to change this in any way?
Answer: Don't think so. Don't really mind. Anything we really want to keep hidden isn't uploaded yet anyway." Andrew from the Q&A,
he seems alright with players seeing these images, and the way he phrases makes it sound like not a leak, so i have no issues with disclosing them or making articles about them. Majorbling 13:42, February 6, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - Apparently, Mod Fnord has confirmed that the underwater area near Saradomin's Encampment was a scrapped project. Jagex had originally intended to expand the God Wars Dungeon but they canned the idea months ago. Parts of it made it in-game as you can see. Looks like this new page won't have anything in it.00:24, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
^ i quite disagree. we had aready agreed no speculation and no acting like its a gurenteed update, so nothing has changed, really.00:34, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- It's scrapped. That means it will not be released. Well, most likely not. 00:42, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
usurper, i dont think we were even expecting it to be released, or at least, i didnt plan 2 mention in the article, and i didnt expect to class it as a future update... just a location, like varrock or the rogues castle.01:03, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
W00t!1!!11!!! I was Right :D, however, like Chicken said, I think it should have its own page, saying what he said and what probably could be added as an expansion of the GWD; All that I said was right ;). ScionCrush 02:14, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- The problem is that I don't know what he said. Someone on the forums said Mod Fnord said that, but that person is trustworthy so I don't doubt his word. I've been trying to find the quickchat code for whatever thread Mod Fnord confirmed this in, but I haven't had any luck yet. 02:20, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
there are still 2 many mysteries: assuming it was scrapped, why? and what was it going to be? zaros? the ritual site underground? a different area from godwars? a different dungeon or part of a quest? would it have been big, was it nearly complete or had it just been started?02:24, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
and then theres this project. with ScionCrush's support, EVERYBODY who has posted here things it deserves its own article/part of an article. is that enough or do we wate for more people to post?02:24, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Comment Mod Fnord didn't say that. I just searched through his posts, and nonne of them have anything to do with it being scrapped. LXEKSQrwojy 02:34, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- sigh*. more confusion. 02:38, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, I just did that too. I've also asked for the quickfind code on the player's thread, but I'm still waiting for a response.
- Here's the quickfind code by the way: 16-17-481-60312652
- In addition, the guy on this thread also says the God Wars expansion was scrapped: 16-17-837-60330536 02:43, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
or, maby, they are part of a massive conspiracy to confuse the rs population.02:51, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
All right, looks like he said it in-game at the Orb of oculus launch event.15:19, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Support per evil yanks --15:30, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Until I dont get the quote from a JMod, I aint supporting then. ScionCrush 20:09, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
the quote doesnt matter. weather we have it or not, wont change the article.20:24, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
Support Alex1496 22:43, February 7, 2010 (UTC)
I think there's places unreachable that can be seen. Some may be hints to futurely released stuffs.
it doesnt seem like we are getting any more posts- create the article while making sure there is no suggesting it is a future update, and no speculation?00:24, February 16, 2010 (UTC)
oohhhhkaay..... that was a weird article o.o how do i "request for closer and permission"? thanks.. i think..02:38, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
- Just type it :P. When an unbiased admin reads the page and closes it we will then know if there is permission. scooties 05:13, February 18, 2010 (UTC)
Closed - A page will be created specifically for such areas. The name of the page has not been decided yet, so interested editors should feel free to create an article with a name they deem suitable. Currently, we have Unknown/Hidden/Orb/Secret locations. C.ChiamTalk 13:40, February 19, 2010 (UTC)