Forum:Runescape Answers Wiki?
As you guys would *hopefully* know, the Wikia staff released something new, so you can create your own wiki answers site, just like wiki answers. This way, all of the questions of different subjects and topics aren't just jumbled into one answers wiki. So I was thinking - Why isn't there a Runescape Answers Wiki by now? I'd expect that one of you would have made one by now I've tried it out with a different hobby of mine, and created one, and it works great, so I don't see why not make one ;). Definitely not me, because I'm an active editor of any kind on this wiki, but I am a reader, so... yeah. --Lucario621 16:32, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - Anything that cannot be answered with our guides here can easily be asked on our forums. A RuneScape Answers Wiki would be a waste of time, IMO. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 08:56, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- That's what you and I would think, but if you look at Wikianswers (answers.wikia.com), you'll see that there's a TON of RuneScape questions. So rather than having it cluttered with all of the other questions on wikianswers of thousands of topics jumbled together, it's best to have a separate answers wiki for it. So StrikerBack created it after all, and it's coming along. Check it out at http://runescape.answers.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_Answers. There's a decent logo, and there's about 7 questions so far (lol). Probably next, I'm going to wikianswers, and try to redirect all the RuneScape questions to the Runescape Answers Wiki. --Lucario621 13:00, March 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I get that there are tons of questions on WikiAnswers, but if you actually read them, almost all of them are just names of things (see Forum:Wikianswers Misunderstandings) or can be easily found out by looking here. To me, a RuneScape Answers Wiki would be wasted effort. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 07:27, March 29, 2010 (UTC)
Support - In our articles we have to take a neutral point of view, With the answers wiki each user could give their own opinions on the questions.18:14, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- People could just ask whatever they want to ask on the talk pages of the articles though. bad_fetustalk 18:27, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
- I guess they could. But some people aren't used to wikis and don't understand how things work, they could be posting on the article page, the answers wiki would be so simple. 18:29, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - Per Forum:Wikianswers Misunderstandings. Everything can be found here, or could be asked on a talk page. Even if someone puts their question on the main article, they'll usually get an answer from the person who undoes that. Oil4 Talk 18:44, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
Support + Oppose = Neutral - Sorry for the long thing out front, but it suits the situation. I think that this is a great idea, and I don't understand why people are opposing because it would be extra work. I hate to break it to you people, but we are all volunteering here :P. However, I am a supervisor on Wikianswers, and have a few points that might be of interest here:
- The new skin. The new answers skin makes it impossible to access the RC without actually typing in the address, and you need to type in
index.php?title=RuneScape Answers&action=editjust to edit the main page. After discussing this with Angela and another staffer (who's name I can't remember), I found out that...
- The new answers site are meant to be websites, just conveniently using the MediaWiki software. Because of this, they are not intended to be user friendly (as of now) to the experienced user, and won't be in the near future.
- Last of all, the new skin is centered. Alright, so this isn't a reason for opposing, but a personal grievance ;)
- Interesting points. I did notice that you can't edit without typing in the URL, so it is a bit of extra work. One comment though - this answers wiki has already been created, so I don't really understand why there's "Support" or "Oppose"... --Lucario621 15:37, March 31, 2010 (UTC)