Forum:RuneScape Wiki is not... Perfect
I think we should make a policy stating that the RS Wiki is not perfect and that all information is based on either Jagex statements, personal experiences, or hearsay and may be incorrect. I'm not the best with words (as you can tell by one sentence proposal) , so I'm hoping someone could better word this.
- Support - as nominator. 21:20, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Pending - At first thought, It sounds great, But it depends on how it is worded and the intention of use... I'll update this when I see some opinions and so I can clarify my own. 21:22, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose - Per RS:UCS. Since nobody is perfect, RuneScape isn't perfect, and the fact that wikis has a bad reputation for misinformation, I see no reason to include this. Ajraddatz Talk 21:25, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- that is for editor not viewer 21:27, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose - It's obvious that the wiki isn't perfect; if it was, we'd have no need for editors at all. RS:NOT states things that editors could snag on. This isn't one of them. --LiquidTalk 21:29, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- New Proposal - In stead of making this a policy all its own maybe make is a Subsection of RS:NOT#CRYSTAL or apart of the crystal ball template 21:47, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- Oppose new proposal - What does perfectness (or the lack thereof) have to do with speculation of future updates? --LiquidTalk 21:49, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I don't know, i'm trying to find a place for this to fit, maybe a disclaimer at the bottom of the main page... 21:52, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Oppose - How about you walk around with a sign on you saying "I am not perfect." It would make people think you have done something wrong right? Well the exact same would happen here, if someone sees us saying "we aren't prefect" it will do nothing but hurt our image. scooties 22:02, May 5, 2010 (UTC)
Another New Proposal - Since this is going all RS:SNOWBALL, how about this as little disclaimer at bottom of main page. Something like this or something to that persuasion.
Screw it - No one likes it. Heaven forbid we warn someone.22:29, May 5, 2010 (UTC)