Forum:RuneScape Wiki Videos
I was hoping to bring back the RuneScape Wiki Videos for our wikia. After reading of what happened in the past and how it failed I have come up with some ideas so the past does not repeat its self. It seemed in the past that there were multiple operators of the account and there were posts made by the account the were completely inappropriate, and no one would confess as to who did it. I suggest to having one operator, me, since I will be making the majority of the videos being posted on Youtube. If another editor wishes to add a video they can send it to me so I can upload it. This will eliminate anything bad that could happen.
I have a couple more suggestions, before a video is uploaded through the channel it has to go through a voting process. This will make it so the whole community of our wiki can have their hand in on it, and suggest edits to the videos.
The videos uploaded to the channel can be anything related to the wiki or RuneScape. I say this because there are somethings on the wiki that not everyone knows how to do, like adding transparencies to an image is an example. I made a sample video and made the account to have as an example for you guys. There could be videos made up for quests, guides, etc etc...
So I'm posting here to get suggestions and approval for this idea to spark back up under new conditions. If anyone questions my integrity I have many sources that can back me up outside of wiki. (Prior administrative tasks on website businesses.)
Here is the first video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ylGpT5cSs
Comment - I like the concept, but don't you think that rather than someone (you) delegating himself as the sole/main operator of the channel, it would be better to have the community decide who would be best fit to run the channel? Not to attack your ability to do so at all, just saying. Suppa chuppa 03:44, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- I just self-nominated myself for it, since I was going to be planning on making most of the videos. I understand your question fully, not as a personal thing, but as a community thing. If it was to be like that, I would have no problem, but in my mind most of the admins/bureaucrats already have enough on their minds, then to leave a tab open to upload a video to the channel. Just my 2 cents. 04:02, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - A few things
- The transparency video you made we probably need to make some more like with Paint.net or Adobe photoshop and that sort of thing when we make videos.
- I agree with above that we should have community consensus on who runs it and possibly have multuple people running it like our facebook page
- Finally I think we already have a youtube channel made by Chicken7 here which is currently in testing from what I have heard.
Thanks.09:56, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Comment - First off, GIMP ftw, second, Win 7 ftl. Notes: Its better if you right-click on the file link right under the pic as that is the file and the pic is a preview and may not be the entire file. It's better to zoom in a lot more for the scissors as it can go way off. This is a rather poor trans job as there is background here and there. You didn't crop which is easy to do: use the 'Select By Color' tool and click a transparent area, click the 'Select' menu at the top and click 'Invert', then use the 'Crop By Selection' tool. BTW I did my own trans and uploaded it (the image, not a video), feel free to compare. 10:41, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Strong Oppose - First of all, we do not need a youtube account. Seriously, why would we need to have videos? Secondly, the only people I'd trust for such a thing are sysops (or at least someone known well.). bad_fetustalk 13:01, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Consensus already reached - There has already been consensus for a trial channel in a past thread, when I made a proposal. I'm going to try and compile as much info as I can, "the plan" and how users can help on this page. If you're going to oppose, too late. Once I get the channel Sentra linked to under control, I'll start accepting videos from users. Once there is enough videos to give an example of how the new channel will run, I'll again propose it to the community and see what they think. But I'm very busy right now >.> Chicken7 >talk 13:13, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
- Oh sweet. Makes all the less work for me then... Now I could focus on the videos. If you need any help since you are busy just leave me a message. Today was my last day of school so I'm open all of summer. -- 19:10, May 27, 2010 (UTC)
Request for closure - Since what chicken said this topic can be closed as consensus has been reached in a previous discussion.08:58, May 28, 2010 (UTC)
Closed YT Channel is already underway.--Degenret01 09:19, May 28, 2010 (UTC)