Forum:Reworking jadinko seed logs
Every time I get a jadinko challenge, I'm tempted to log down seed drops. Unfortunately, looking at the individual pages for them, the logs suffer the following:
- Outdated - The new high level seeds released from Harvest Haven or whatever isn't included.
- Clunky - [[Common jadinko/Data]] As seen here, unlike the charm logs, there's no way to easily add the seed data without being error prone.
- Vandal - Since there's no check whatsoever regarding whether or not the seed data added is made up, one can simply mess with it unlike the charm logs.
A suggestion would be to have it be remade to something like the charm logs (along with adding the new seeds there), and resetting all data to 0 and start over.
Oppose - Talk of a script has already happened, multiple times, and it's not going to happen. Overall, the data is still very similar to what the true values still are. I would assume they just turned blank slots on the tables to these rare seeds that no one cares about. Vandalism is always blatant, so that point isn't helpful at all. And how is the charm log not prone to mistakes? Of course it is. You can mess up either. The HH seeds are what matters, and blanking these logs so we can add stuff no one cares about is counterproductive. If you want to make a fresh start by getting 1000 jadinkos of each kind and restarting the logs with that, I have no objection. But I am fully against removing valid data in the mean time. MolMan 01:13, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- From what I see, you're objecting to wiping the logs. How do we avoid that? Easy: for each jadinko, we could keep the log, but start a new, updated one alongside it. Users would be encouraged to update the new one and not the old one both by a message telling them to and by the ease of doing so (it would work in a similar manner to the charm updater). Meanwhile, they would still be able to use the old log for reference. Then, once the new log becomes big enough (exactly how big can be discussed below), we delete the old one and replace it with the new one. This would result in a staggered replacement of logs for all jadinkos, with the most popular ones getting their new log sooner, which makes sense. β (t&c)
Oil4I made this 18:23, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- The logs are rarely edited as it is. We'd be confusing readers with 2 logs. If you want the data to include the new seeds, you have to take the initiative yourself. MolMan 18:28, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Chances are we never implemented the script because those of us capable of it never got around to it. Plus I never hunt jadinkos so have no idea what it should be doing. If someone can give me a detailed explanation of what you need to input and what you need to have output (possibly with merging into a main log somewhere too) then I'll happily have a go. Or at least add it to my todo list. cqm 23:25, 7 Aug 2014 (UTC) (UTC)
Comment - The logs for hunting jadinkos are also affected. I think the data for hunting is considerably different since the Harvest Haven seeds were added to them; more so than for killing jadinkos. Is there any chance these logs could be updated?08:41, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- This forum topic is about the logs for hunting jadinkos. There are no logs for seeds dropped by the mutated jadinkos in the lair below. And the seeds received from the altar have the same distribution as the seeds you'd get from the jadinkos you're attracting at that specific time. IP188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:56, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry, I was confused by Jlun talking about challenges, which I didn't know could be hunting the jadinkos. 13:28, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Support - The logs should be updated, if it is not possible to get a proper script like the one for charm logs, we should at least add to the existing logs the possible drops of new seeds and start collecting new data. I think Mol is probably right in saying the new seeds being added did not affect the rates of getting the older seed drops (based on my experiences of hunting jadinkos since the newer seeds' update). I hunted 837 Igneous Jadinkos back in April and these are the seeds I got were:
- 35 lergberry (4.18%)
- 22 kalferberry (2.63%)
- 17 butterfly flower (2.03%)
- 9 snapegrass (1.08%)
- 14 barberry (1.67%)
- 6 potatoe cactus (0.72%)
- 14 fly trap (1.67%)
- 4 grapevine (0.48%)
- 7 reed (0.84%)
- 3 wishing well (0.36%)
- 11 sunchoke (1.31%)
- 9 prickly pear (1.08%)
I'd be up for some more jadinko hunting :)13:28, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
- On that note, I can volunteer to grind jadinkos for data if needed. β (t&c)
Oil4I made this 18:25, August 7, 2014 (UTC)
Support - Their drops seem to be completely different now with all the other crap thrown in. I wish I had more time to play so I could help contribute data. --03:37, August 10, 2014 (UTC)
Closed - Jadinko logs will be restarted with the new updated data. However, until there is a good sample size with the new drop values (at least 500), they should be kept somewhere internal so that readers will only see the data with the largest sample size. The other part of the proposal concerning creating a charm-like script for the entry and recording of seed drops has indeed been discussed multiple times, and can be implemented if a script-writer is willing to create one. --LiquidTalk 15:21, August 17, 2014 (UTC)