Forum:Request to block user again
I would like to bring to your attention User:Parsonsda. Recently, his behavior and actions have been scrutinized by the community, but I'm doing more than watching him closely, here.
Parsons has shown that he cannot listen to authority, and until Psycho Robot told him to stop, he kept uploading things from the Model Viewer. Now, I'm sure that the new thread in the YG titled "Emergency" (if you haven't seen it, it's here) is nothing, but showing me (and a few others I've talked to) that Parsons wants fame and power. Though it is somewhat unrelated to the wiki, he actually is a 'crat on another unreleated wiki, but he blocks innocent users who do not know about the subject matter (as well as offering sysopship to those who win contests he does). Clearly, he does not know how the wiki works, and so, I would like have him blocked for at least a week or two. This "my cousin is a Jagex mod!" crap (which could be viewed as a breach of Jagex's T&C) is clearly a lie and a plea for attention, as is the case with the multiple "projects" he's made. Please understand that this is NOT out of spite for Parsons, but out of extreme annoyance that he keeps doing these things. --WINE OF GOOD HEALTH (Actually Stinko) 21:45, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose Tis the season to forgive right?
17:37, December 29, 2009 (UTC) - Please give him a chance.
- Oppose - While I am growing sick of what seems to be this user trying to get attention, I do not at all think that this should get him blocked. It's not right. Oil4 Talk 22:11, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Somewhat Support Yes, I know he hasn't exactly broken any of the rules, but he hasn't really contributed positively to the wiki or the wiki cc, either. Maybe first we should give him a STRONG warning/sit down (because our previous warnings haven't had much effect) to stop behaving the way he is and if he doesn't, ban him, because, up until now, he's been nothing but a nuisance/problem. User talk:Vex 327 22:53, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Not yet - Let's wait awhile, he might start being cooperative to the wiki. • NnK Oliver • (600613) talk 22:56, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose but.. - Bascically what Vex said but he shouldn't be banned for it. He should get some discipline though. So I support some other type of punishment. scooties 22:58, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- This is utter stupidity. Blocking because he doesn't understand our wiki yet? It is obvious that he has trouble learning, he needs a bit of extra help, not to be slammed down. Did anyone suggest you get blocked for a week (or any other length of time) when you Stink, who should know better as a former sysop, asked another sysop to violate three of our policies because you didn't like something on a page. Nope, no one even considered blocking you for it, but maybe that right over your head. Pars definitely needs to learn a lot more about us and to stop a lot of what he does or yes, he will be receiving a block at some point soon most likely. But not for what you presented, he really hasn't violated any rules. The one about the model viewer is a non-existent rule that a bunch of Jagex worshipers pretend passed consensus, when in actuality it did not even come close.--Degenret01 23:22, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- STRONG OPPOSE - Why the [INSERT THE MOST VULGAR SWEAR WORD I CAN THINK OF] WOULD YOU WANT TO BLOCK THIS INNOCENT FELLOW? HE'S LIKE THE FUNNIEST/MOST DETERMINED PERSON THERE IS ON THE RSW! SERIOUSLY STINKOWING YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER.
I SWEAR TO GOD, IF YOU KIDS BLOCK THIS GUY, I'M GOING TO MASS-VANDALISE EVERY SINGLE FRICKUN ARTICLE I CAN FIND ON THIS WIKI UNTIL I FEEL THAT RETRIBUTION HAS BEEN HANDED.Fruit.Smoothie 23:30, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Please, calm down. If your going to write a comment in all caps, the content is going to be completely useless just by virture of being written in all caps. Please lay off the "Funny" yew grove comments. 23:42, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - I know Parsonsda means well and is clearly one of our most enthusiastic editors, but that is not to say that some of his actions have been heavily misguided. A warning would suffice, in my opinion, and that a ban is far slightly too strong at this time. 23:42, December 28, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - per Steler, a warning will suffice, but I have noticed he is very rude and stuck up about everything, he talks in the clanchat like every minor edit he makes is saving the wiki, and that we're all unimportant. But if he keeps up this behavior....--Cheers, 00:01, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - Disregard my (above) fanatical and extremist viewpoint on the subject.
Let me disclose to you RSWikians why I believe that Parsonsda, one of our many contributors to this very Wiki, should NOT be blocked. First off, everyone starts with a clean slate. I do not believe that Parsonsda has dirtied his in any way, shape, or form whatsoever.
He is a simple-minded person with honest intentions. Not one of his 950 or so contributions to this grandeur Wiki has been in bad faith. You are all, however, assuming bad faith of a situation that requires good faith. This man is an honest person with honest intentions. Some may call him attention-seeking, others may view him as a reciprocated and magniloquent pariah. You are all shunning him from the very Wiki that was built upon the intention of being a free source of infinitesimal knowledge.
He has done nothing but positively contribute to this Wiki. He is not a bad person, nor am I convinced that he will ever turn out to be a bad person. Whatever the end-results of his intentions are, it's the thought that counts. To quote one of Degenret's many famous phrases, "the day we cease to be an independent Wiki" is the day this Wiki is no more.
Did we not all start out with basic knowledge, a basic mindset, and basic goals? We all started out as nothing more than a username, an account, and the thirst for learning, experimenting, and sharing in/creating the positive atmosphere we enjoy so fervently today.
Even the most advanced technology today cannot outperform an ancient and primitive structural design called the wheel. The smartest person in the world does not know more than the most ignorant in the world. You would be a fool to think there is any one person on this world we live in who deserves greater advantages than another.
Parsonsda has already informed us of the regretful fact that he is not fluent in English. Lest you have it folks, this is perhaps the paramount reason as to why so many people dislike his manner of editing. I do not care, to be honest, as long as people aren't blatantly vandalizing this Wiki, they can do whatever the hell they choose to. It's their own business after all, not mine. So who are we to judge what this man does?
You're going to block him because...let me see here... he made a mistake? How many times have we made mistakes? All of us here have made mistakes! None of us here have learned, it seems, because you all just keep on coming back to terrorize and plunder the land of one man's territory.
So what if his cousin does or doesn't work for Jagex, who gives a damn? It's not as if he's openly declaring this Wiki to be commandeered under the authority of a figure known as Parsonsda. What is the worse he has done? Posted a couple of pictures that apparently violate statutory law and terms of services?
Oh boo-hoo Jagex, why don't you cry me a river and stop getting your panties in a knot.
The day the death of a mockingbird comes, is the day I shall resign from this Wiki. I have nothing more to say to you fine folks other than this simple message: 'please do not block Parsonsda. Find it in your hearts, if you must. 'Tis is the holiday season, is it not? We all deserve a second, third, fourth, fifth, and God knows how many chances we humans deserve.
After all, we are but nothing without the guidance of many. This man's intentions is on behalf of the betterment and advancement of this Wiki, but his judgment is not fairing as well. However, it seems the deed has been done already. It appears he has already quit thanks to all of you fiendish hounds for pestering him endlessly and without remorse. Another mockingbird is slain. There is no need for reprimanding an innocent person. I rest my case, once more. Fruit.Smoothie
- You seem rather... close to Parsonsda. Every time someone criticizes him for something, you show up to support him. However, your support isn't always admirable; your remarks are sarcastic and rude, and here, you even threaten to vandalize the wiki. 14:16, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - OH wow. that was an... interesting thought. But it would only be a temporary block. See Above... a 1-2 week block.--Cheers,00:41, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - @ F.S.'s comment...1 word: wow. lmao nice paragraph, but I think it was already established he wasn't going to be blocked. But you are correct in saying everyone makes mistakes and 1 out of 1,000 (no exageration) good edits doesn't deserve a ban. Some people just do stupid stuff at some times (I can speak from experience. scooties 00:47, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - He doesn't really understands how the wiki works, as seen here, he thinks that as long as one or two players in RuneScape likes his project, he'll be able to put it up on the wiki. That's just wrong. But, he doesn't deserves to be blocked as well, as he have not really vandalised or cause problems or anything. --Nup(T) 04:10, December 29, 2009 (UTC)See below
Oppose - Relax people. Newish Wikian, doesn't know the rules, learning, and trying to be helpful. Has done nothing like personal attack (that I'm aware of), and this isn't a court on stupid decisions. Jedi Talk 09:44, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose blocking - While I must admit he is constantly being an epic lolcow, Parson hasn't really vandalised anything and tries to be helpful. I think if he just read the rules he'd stop misusing the Yew Grove and such. I could be wrong, though. Kudos 2 U Talk! Edit count! Contribs! 13:38, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Calm down Nuparu, he never reads the forums anyways, and besides, who said you had to read the forums if you wanted to help with the Wiki? Fruit.Smoothie 17:17, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose blocking - While I will also admit that this user is showing incredible immaturity and lack of self control (he will never be made an admin if this behavior continues, or given any extra rights on this wiki.... to give an example), he has been making some occasionally useful contributions to the wiki as well. File:Run.gif is one that he uploaded that is of value, and there are other examples if you go through his list of contributions. In terms of the "Connect Four" and the "MY Greatest Invention" pages.... it shows immaturity as well, not necessarily malicious behavior. These pages can and perhaps should have been made into sub-pages of his user page. It's not like I've never had that happen to me. I'll admit that he is taking nearly as much administrative effort and time as a vandal might (perhaps more), which is one of the motivations for why there are folks who would like to hang this guy out to dry.
At the same time, I've seen some people like this eventually "see the light" and catch on. Banning this user will only piss him off and create a potential chronic vandal for this site. I'd rather see him embraced and pushed in a direction to be productive and helpful to the wiki, where his contributions that he has made (and there are some good contributions he has made already) are shown to be helpful and useful for everybody. There are all kinds of people in this world, and if we are serious about the idea that "anybody can edit" this wiki, it must include people like Parsosnsda. --Robert Horning 15:05, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Robert Horning is my newnext favorite RSW user of the week. Fruit.Smoothie 17:15, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- PLEASE DON'T BLOCK PARSONSDA, I'VE EVEN BORROWED CODING HE OFFERED TO USE IN MY USER AND TALK PAGE! THAT'S HOW RESOURCEFUL/KIND HE IS! Fruit.Smoothie 17:35, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Oppose - RS:AGF
- If it is going to be in all caps, it please don't say it. It's not helpful. The majority is already siding with you, so why are you acting like we are all against your position? 17:54, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- I get very emotional sometimes. I'm passionate about what I do. Ask Gaz, he knows what I'm talking about. Fruit.Smoothie 21:05, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Change to oppose for now
- After reading this, I've decided that a ban is a little extreme at this point. Also, Parsons was in the cc today, and while he was still a little..ehh, he was much better than usual. I hope that we finally got through to him, and that he continues to improve. Of course, if he doesn't...And Fruit.Smoothie, chill...
- 22:25, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - I think he is very smart and is just using that in a way which doesn't benefit the wiki. If we ban him we would be missing a lot. If only we could help him understand what he can use his knowledge on that benefits the wiki....scooties 22:34, December 29, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Parson may do some things that I don't personally like, but he hasn't infringed or broken any current rules. He doesn't write snooty remarks, I think he may just be inexperienced with wikis. The thing about his own wiki shouldn't have been brought up, it's off-site, and he has no power here, and if he continues that, he never will so I won't worry. I myself haven't seen him trolling to a degree of which I would react, I just take it he's young. Also, Fruit, I wouldn't be threatening to vandalize the wiki, because the minute you start, you'll be stopped by one of our many sysops or bureaucrats, so lay off and cool off. Chaos Monk Talk • Sign 00:47, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- Actually, you have no idea how far vandals can take it to the max. I wouldn't want to try though because I've seen legal authorities interfering... Fruit.Smoothie 00:59, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Comment - I will take this opportunity to remind everyone to keep it civil. If you can't keep a cool head then perhaps it is best to step away from the discussion until you can. Andrew talk 05:53, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Parsonsda clearly does not understand how a wiki works, but he has not broken any of our rules (yet...) and we should not assume he is here to cause trouble. Also, to Fruit.Smoothie - calm down, stop threatening to vandalise the wiki and do not continue to make "funny" and/or irrelevant comments. It is becoming very disruptive. ~ Sentry Telos Talk 06:34, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - He hasn't done anything wrong, I just feel he has a constant need to be "Famous". Also Fruit.Smoothie, just because it's the holiday season it doesn't mean we should be kinder to vandals. Swiz Talk Review Me 12:34, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Per opposers. He's trying to help and isn't a vandalising (IMO).17:21, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Yea he did breach the rules of runescape, But he isnt vandalizing saying your cousin is a Jagex mod is breach of the Runescape rules. But just keep waiting -- 14 Supawilko 19:41, December 30, 2009 (UTC)
- AFAIK, saying your -fill in- is a jmod isn't against the rules. I think it's only against the rules when you say that you are. Oil4 Talk 22:06, December 30, 2009 (UTC)