As of March 14th, Thebrains222 has been listed as inactive on RS:ADMIN. As he no longer feels active enough to be an active sysop it follows that the deleterevision and checkuser tools at his disposal are no longer being put to much use and could be put to better use in the hands of another sysop.
Some of the more active sysops that are normally easily contactable:
I also notice Suppa has recently become more active, although I haven't asked if he is likely to maintain said activity, and has experience of both the tools. Karlis has mentioned on previous similar threads that he is happy to have checkuser and checks the wiki often throughout the day, although from my experience it's often easier to contact through IRC or [[Special:Chat]]. I would suggest someone in Aaron's timezone, but believe all the active sysops to be either American or European.
Or we can give Cook two checkusers.
I think we should wait. I am 61% of the way to checkuser. MolMan 12:42, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Can we just give TyBot 14 checkusers instead? 12:46, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- 7* You should know that bots get checkuser at a higher quota. MolMan 12:48, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I deserve the superiority associated with checkuser and deleterevision. I promise to remain inactive, but respond to all requests within at least a week! Ajraddatz (Talk) 13:21, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- That makes a lot of sense. Support creation of the Fergette usergroup, hiliting it pink and doing what Fergie said. Real Mad 16:25, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Last time DR was reassigned, there was overwhelming opposition for TyA. Also, if my memory serves correctly, AnselaJonla did not want to be considered for CU, though this may have changed 16:43, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Comment - I plan to be active (in the sense that I have been for the last week) for a long time, no plans on retiring again. I gave up my RevisionDelete and CheckUser rights when I became inactive around January of last year in order to let someone who could make good use of them benefit from the tools. I don't care so much about CheckUser as I do RevisionDelete, since I have wanted to use the tools a few times since I started editing again but had to ask a user with the RevisionDelete right to suppress a revision. The only time I remember using CheckUser was during the few cases of massive waves of vandalism. In any case, I'd like to enter my name into consideration for the tools. If the community decides that Tyler is a better fit for RevisionDelete, that's fine with me, I just believe I have had experience with it and would be more active. Suppa chuppa 19:15, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Support Suppa regaining the tools - As TyA has officially pulled out and Ansela has said she's not sure if she wants CU at the moment, I'm saying we give them back to Suppa. He was good with them before, gave them up willingly and now that he's back why not entrust them to him again?22:44, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Support - Just for the record, I support the reassignment of my checkuser. It's a real pity there are no longer any active administrators in my timezone as they should probably have priority. (I keep forgetting to getting around to making this thread) 222 talk 05:37, April 28, 2013 (UTC)
- Shut up and come back to the wiki. MolMan 13:18, April 28, 2013 (UTC)