Forum:R S Wikia Clan Chat Rules
It has come to my attention for a while that the clan chat lacks any sort of set of rules. The Clan Chat is in desperate need of clan Chat rules. Wile runescape has a set of rules and so does this wiki and its forum the chat lacks any rules and kicking is usually up to the criteria of the user online. Today a few minutes ago a flame war about religion nearly started. It isnt about tolerance or whose real life god is superior to whose. Its about unity and mutual respect in the chat. I propose that by the weekend we lay down some basic guidelines and incorporate them in to the clan chat.We could take rules from the wiki and forums as the basic runescape rules aren't enough to govern our clan chat and meet our needs as a community. I will add more to this as people "vote". God Of War 01:45, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Support - I was there, and I was offended. I did a good job IMO keeping my cool. EDIT: I do think that political discussion should be allowed though, as long as people are respectful to each other. Religion is just too serious for it to be possible to keep composed.
02:02, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Support to an extent - It was not really a flame war it was me asking questions and no1 responding and saying " stop -_-". I then asked where it said "no talking about religion", and no1 said there was a rule against it and that it was an "unspoken" rule. I dont think that there should be a restrain on religion because if people choose to be athiests thats their choice and they are gonna have to deal with the consequences. I do agree that there does need to be a seperate artice including for clan chat rules. Redalert800 02:03, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Listen up red. When you say people will have to deal with the consequences of being atheists, thats a backdoor way of saying they are wrong. And that is the type of BS that makes for arguements that will not be settled. So if you cant keep your snide comments to yourself (yea, that was snide of you) then leave off religious talk. if you want to menton your beliefs without trying to persuade others, I couldn't care less about that. But telling anyone they are wrong in any fashion is unacceptable. Period. Go do some door to door converting if you want, keep it off the wiki and the wiki cc.--Degenret01 03:10, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Red, the problem is you were (and still are) pushing your beliefs on me and Tien for saying we were atheists. You can say that you're a theist, but you can't tell people they're wrong like that.
02:12, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
I'd like to explain the context so nobody thinks I just said randomly "I'm an atheist!!!!1111111111".
- We were discussing whether religion should be allowed in the CC.
- I tried to prove a point by telling Red about how I accidentally offended someone previously by saying I'm atheist, and that's an example of why you shouldn't talk about religion here.
- He started telling me I'd suffer the consequences for my religion.
- Jedi kicked him.
I said my religion to prove a point supporting this proposal.
02:18, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- 1. There is a God.
- 2. I cant force you to believe, only influence.
- 3. Reigion is a serious matter, I believe that we should be able to discuss it.
Redalert800 02:20, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Support, to an extent also. - I was there. I tolerated RuneScape (Zammy vs. Sara, etc) religious talk, but not real world. This came to a talk about whether there is a god or not. While I am not offended over this kind of chatter, I know others are, so I asked for it to halt. I have a belief, but didn't state them there and will not here, for obvious reasons. What happened was people were asked to stop, before it got really serious. Redalert, in particular didn't stop. In the end, this resulted in Redalert being kicked from the channel temporarily. I believe there should be rules, but not too many. I also believe most of the rules are listed here, just these are specialized for the forums. We can apply them to the CC also. Religion is a serious matter, and can offed people. Therefore, we should not discuss it on the CC in full. Jediadam4 (Talk) 02:28, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
At Red: *facepalm*. You're missing the point. The point is that everyone knows they're right about their religion. You can't tell others they're wrong because they won't believe you.
02:34, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Edit: Who said "Jedi kicked him"? I see Instant's sig below it, but that could be for something else. The fact is I pmed InstantWinston/Cashman about kicking him. He agreed, and said he wanted to do it. But I figured the sooner the better so I kicked him first. Don't get me wrong it was only my idea to kick him. Instant was going to kick him seconds after I did, if I hadn't. Jediadam4 (Talk) 02:37, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
That was me. I wasn't trying to say that in a malicious way, just stating what happened and who did it. I would have kicked him if he was in the CC when I checked it.
02:40, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
As far as religion goes, I really don't think it should be discussed in there at all. If it must be, people must be tolerant, respectful and mature, otherwise it will lead to no good. Proselytizing, making derogatory jokes/comments, and putting down other's religious beliefs is going too far.03:05, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
While the religion topic is very trivial that isnt 100% of what this is about. This is about making a set number of rules and enforcing them. We dont need to copy the wiki or forum rules; as the clan chat is a whole new different identity it self. What we need is a new or upgraded set of rules for the chat. I know religion talk wont be spoken off in the chat now but politics shouldnt either. Neither should sexuality or discussion of adult material. The chat should not discriminate or encourage others to force upon their beliefs on fellow wikians for whatever topic it is. I think religion and politics worldwide should not be discussed period. Also for very trivial rule breaching things a crat or admin on the wiki should be informed asap either by a picture taken or by confirmation by logging on. The people with powers to kick should be regulated at least a little God Of War 06:35, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Seriously, Red, you don't need to make a big deal about it. So what if we believe differently than you do? That's still no reason to allow religion talk in the clan chat.
We need some more non-chat users to contribute.13:19, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
Support Rules - I support a concrete foundation to establishing a meaningful and productive time on the wikia CC. Certain guidelines should not be a problem to many. In regards to Politics and religion, I feel they should be allowed, but at the discretion of the admins with kicking powers, they ultimately reserve the right to ask this chat to be moved/users kicked in the event it turns ugly.
01:46, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
Support I think the rules should be similar to the forum rules. With the addition of: No spamming (as in @@@@.... etc.), No advertising. Also there was an incident a while ago with a guy reporting abuse on the cc owner, and was subsequently banned from the chat, I'm not sure what we should do with this as a rule. Warnings should be given and then a kick if rule breaking continues. First time bans I think should be temporary, and the duration determined by the offences.02:41, 14 February 2009 (UTC)
As promised yesterday in the clan chat im going to add Douchers cc ideas:
We need a certain set of rules for our Clan chat. Something written down, something we can discuss modify and build upon.
* Keep it appropriate - no drug references, excessive swearing, adult content, or offensive ASCII. * No "flammable" discussions - topics like politics, religion, and such are off-limits. * Only Users with userpages are allowed. This makes it easy to check for spies, and en-sures that no non-Wikians are on there. This is our Clan Chat, why should someone else be allowed to join? * Follow all 13 of Runescape's official Rules.
I modified to wording of his intro a bit. But i support Douchers' basic rules. These should be applied immediately, while we come up with better more fair rules to "govern" the cc. The religion and politics problem is huge! Constantly the cc is near the breaking point of flaming and anarchy because not many users or admin (kickers) know we are supposed or had agreed upon on using the wikia and forum rules. So i now say lets use D4ks rules for the time being and inform all cc users and admin that we will now implement these rules. God Of War 01:36, 20 February 2009 (UTC)
- As desperately needed, and as this was moved to the archive with no changes, I have implemented discussed rules at with a consensus has been made. In light of recent events at which is has become heated, hard to handle and discuss, I took liberty to implement these immediately. Thanks. They can be found here