As some of you may be aware, RSHiscores has recently been updated, and not particularly smoothly. Due to the changes made, we've caused Wikia's IP to become blacklisted by Jagex's servers. I believe this is a temporary blacklisting (based on past experience) and should be removed in the near future. Until that happens, I have disabled which should account for most of the usage of the parser function used to prevent any future requests causing the blacklisting to be extended. I also ask that no one tries to use any other usage of
#hs as a workaround for for the same reason. When we are able to make requests on RuneScape's API again, I will start re-enabling pages one at a time which should do for now.
- When User:Cqm/Completion/hsdata shows anything other than C28, it works again. If anyone sees it working before I do, please don't just enabled again, or we'll be back to square 1. cqm 11:14, 12 Jun 2015 (UTC) (UTC)
QUESTION - I assume you've brought this up in your fansite Skype cabal? MolMan 12:24, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- I sent whoever controls their skype account a message, but I wouldn't have thought they'd know the info I need off the top of their head and I'm doubtful they'd be willing to share it even if they were. cqm 12:27, 12 Jun 2015 (UTC) (UTC)
Comment - It shows 2215 now.17:12, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- That's the year it'll start working again -- 17:14, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, it's working again now. I'm running a couple of tasks to make it all work again which should be done by the end of this week/early next week. cqm 12:34, 13 Jun 2015 (UTC) (UTC)
- RSHiscores was finally updated, allowing for better hiscores support in our calculators, however the update went horribly wrong. First, the message cache was outdated, causing every usage of it show as plain text. Wikia updated the message cache at our request, but that caused every usage of RSHiscores to query Jagex at once, which wasn't a problem in the past with updates, because it was little known or used, but with the wider usage now, I've heard that it ended up being like 1800 queries, getting Wikia temporarily blacklisted. That number ended up being so high, not just because of wider usage, but because of a typo in the extension that broke the cache, so rather than one query answering for the whole page, every usage queried. So, that typo is being fixed, which will reduce the number of queries a lot. We're also working on better caching and some way to prevent mass-updating from causing a bunch of queries at once. - TehKittyCatTalk Wikian-Book 18:13, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
Kwestian - I noticed that all of my usages ofhas been replaced with a link to , I assume to stop people from using the template. Is it safe to remove the 22 or should we wait just a little longer? 18:18, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- The 22 is an issue in the code I used for the AWB task (it should have been hiscore2), I'll likely fix it up tomorrow sometime. The template itself should work again now, I'll be running a task to fix all the templates back sometime tomorrow. cqm 12:34, 13 Jun 2015 (UTC) (UTC)
Comment - I see you changed all occurences back to something definitely broke (see the documentation on that template). 07:47, June 15, 2015 (UTC). However,
- Yep, all the templates are back to normal. There's an update coming out that should fix the error you're seeing on Thursday (tomorrow) which hopefully won't cause masses of errors again.
- There's a further fix we're working on that gives more helpful error messages, but that will need to wait until after the caching is properly fixed as it will cause the message cache to rebuild again. cqm 13:21, 17 Jun 2015 (UTC) (UTC)
Closed - Seeing as the immediate issues have been resolved, I'm closing this as I can't see any further discussion happening until the next update (likely some months away). cqm 09:58, 4 Jul 2015 (UTC) (UTC)