Forum:New Wiki Position.
So i have run into numerous cases where there would be someone constantly vandalizing and there is no active Administrator available. Nothing could be done by me except to keep undoing their edits to the many pages they vandalized.
This is why I am suggesting a new position be made, it Will be called Wiki Police, or something.
Basically the extra ability/ies they have are:
- Can issue protection locks onto articles to keep vandalsim from happening
- Can issue a ban that will remain until looked over by an administrator.
- Can make a page, that is considered spam, invisable until looked over by an administrator.
Feel free to add constructive criticism, additions, subtractions.
And don't just say
"^What he said"
Love,20:08, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Oppose - We already have this position, it's called administrator20:10, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Read - Did you even read what i said? 20:13, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes I did.
- "protection locks" - a power of administrators
- "issue a ban" - a power of administrators
- "making pages invisible" - it's called deletion, also a power of administrators
- To sum up, what you've suggested is administrators 20:17, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Comment/Strong Oppose - What you're suggesting is something technically impossible. Pending changes is the most recent addition to mediawiki, a version of which we do not have and that Wikia will not update just for us. Also, if you are going to block someone, you might as well be an admin (and I know that it's "temporary", but blocks can be temporary either way). Basically everything you're describing is an administrator, but can be "declined", even though administrators can do that to each other by undeleting a page, unblocking someone, unprotecting a page, etc. If you're trusted with these tools, then you can be an admin. Hair 20:15, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
"protection locks" - a power of administrators "issue a ban" - a power of administrators "making pages invisible" - it's called deletion, also a power of administrators __ Keep reading, don't stop after the first few words.
20:18, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- It is impossible with MediaWiki, do you not understand? Unless Wikia wants to rewrite the code for us, it's not going to happen. Hair 20:23, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh I read it all right. And I stand by what I said. If you want constructive criticism, learn about the antivandalism features we have, such as the CVU, and our various chats, such as the IRC, [[Special:Chat|wiki chat]] and ingame clan chat, where you will likely find an admin 20:25, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Flaysian 19:54:15 That's foolish If a person is trusted enough to be able to ban another user Well, that pretty much means they're an admin
- You seem to have changed positions:
- [3:29 pm] <flay> i sprot being wiki plice
[3:29 pm] <flay> i nominate myself for grand master of the runewiki po po
- -- 20:33, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Support - Well-thought out, reasonable proposal. I would be willing to have my adminstrative powers removed to become a Wiki Policeman, as I am not as active any more. --20:33, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- So you'd give up a total of 0 powers, great!
20:37, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- I feel ignored. Hair 20:38, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- get lost i am grand master of runewiki po po did you not read the above document Ronan Talk 20:51, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Ladies, ladies. You're both very pretty, but not as pretty as a certain somebody... 20:53, December 31, 2012 (UTC)
Closed - MediaWiki restricts such an addition to our wiki without a complete rewrite (which isn't going to happen anytime soon), unless Maceypants or another user wants to rewrite Wikia's software with them approving it, there is no reason to keep this proposal open. Hair 20:54, December 31, 2012 (UTC)