This is the mainpage update discussion moved from Forum:New Theme. The only complete mainpage redesign was that by Iiii I I I but there were other smaller updates that might be worth implementing as well.
- [[w:c:iiiiiii:Main Page|Main page]] by User:Iiii I I I
- [[:es:RuneScape Wiki:Noticias|Collapsible wiki news module]] by User:Ajente02
- [[:es:Plantilla:EncuestasAnteriores|Splitting the poll archives from the mainpage]] by User:Ajente02
Support Iiii I I I's main page - I like this new look and it's about time we freshen up our theme. It's chic and airy. Also I have seen too many shades of brown on this site over the last few years. Ronan Talk 00:23, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Only fetus's - I don't see a point in collapsible news archives... Polls don't need to be archives (especially not in a manner where people can still vote). I think the results of the last poll is perfectly relevant and suitable, and shouldn't be split. Not that people even care about main page polls. MolMan 04:16, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Just to clarify, in the poll archives you can't vote; it's just a very similar appearance of the actual poll, made with CSS. Also, I think there's a lot of people who really cares of the main page poll (obviously, it might not be an enormous quantity in relation with the total visitors, but it's still a lot), and we don't loose anything in keep a track of the polls' history (it's all but harmful). --See ya':
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901220935/codesah/images/a/ad/Ajente02_Firma.JPG 05:17, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
- People only say they care, but no one actually does. Anyways, I guess I missed that. Impressive CSS job. I oppose removing the results of the latest poll, but if someone really wants to make a larger archive, I have no objection. MolMan 13:36, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Partial support - 7i's main page look pretty good although I'd personally make the borders of the boxes we have on there more distinct, add two more navigation boxes and update the ancient "Contents" list.06:21, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Support 3i+1's layout - It's more welcoming to newer users.06:30, August 3, 2014 (UTC)
Support iiiiiii' - A couple of tweaks though:
- Remove the border around the poll - it looks really odd
- Use a slightly darker shade for the gradients to fade from into white. I think it need to stand out a little bit more.
- In the interests of maintaining the pictures, is it possible to create a template or something instead of having the text be part of the image? It should be doable with CSS.
Support Prifddinas theme + spanish wiki [[:es:RuneScape Wiki:Logo|logo]] + Iiii I I I's mainpage - Nothing else to add ^_^. --See ya':
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901220935/codesah/images/a/ad/Ajente02_Firma.JPG 00:23, August 4, 2014 (UTC)
Support main page layout - Ideally the images on the Areas and Guide boxes should be updated to use current graphics instead of outdated ones, and I'd like for two more boxes to be added, one for minigames and one for characters.20:11, August 4, 2014 (UTC)