Forum:New Location Header (by Hapi007)
Recenly, I asked Hapi about his headers on his area page and proposed to him that we should add it to the article's itself. It provides a little preview of the place and lighten's the article up. So how about it. Mo 55 55 Talk|Sign 12:41, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - The images look good. However the pith costume seems to be rearing its ugly head again and becoming the focus of the images. If this goes ahead then the character should be photoshopped or cropped out or at the very least replaced with varying costumes or a costume relevant to the area. Mercifull (Talk) 12:47, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- That definitely. I used the Pith helmet, but I had no intention for them to be used on mainspace. And maybe are the images not long enough, or too long, as most computers have a bigger resolution. . 13:02, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - No offence to anyone here, but I just don't really think that they should be on an article. Why? Because of a few things:
- Redundant costumes, we need some variety.
- The large text in the left part of the image take away from the image.
- Even if this does pass, what happens when the area gets a major graphical rework? The exact same specifics would have to be in the new image, which would most likely be the text font, size, position, and the size of the image.
- And, I don't really have a good eye for things like this, but it doesn't look like that it has anti-aliasing in it. No anti-aliasing is good for images that are going to need transparency, where anti-aliasing is good for images that do not need to be transparent, or animations.
Oppose - Those images won't add anything to an article. Most articales already have images of the surroundings. Adding a thin strip with some writing would not add anything constructive. Doucher4000******r4000 14:12, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose use in actual article per D4K, but they might be cool in a location map, like you click on an area, then a one of them (maybe three steps). e.g. Kingdom of Asgarnia, falador --Serenity1137 15:42, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- Comment - Articles are not supposed to be colourful. They're supposed to be informational. This adds absolutely no information to the article, and therefore should not be used. Doucher4000******r4000 16:09, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- [[File:Pith Helmet.gif|50px]] Gone. 20:12, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- That thing with the sig is normal. It happens when only the first part of the sig can fit on one of the lines, and the rest goes to the next line, which will mess the code up. Or something like that. Oil4 Talk 20:06, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
Closed - The proposed location headers will not be used in articles. They do look rather nice though.21:42, 1 July 2009 (UTC)