Forum:New Clan Chat
Hi, I believe we should move the clan chat to another person or at least, give the R S Wikia account to someone else trusted. The reason I think this is C Teng is not very active anymore; for example, CoNgRaTzItSaCoLo has still not been ranked in the clan chat after about 3 weeks of forum-adminship. I, for one, have a spare account which can be used if needed, "The Rs Wiki". Discuss away. 08:44, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - I don't think that we need a new CC just because our current owner is inactive. Also, I don't think we even need a new CC just to rank someone up because they pass a rfa/rffa/rfb/rfcc. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 08:54, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - are you sure this is not a power grab? Teng SHOULD be more active, but I see no reason to open a whole new cc untill he is gone compleatly. we just need to give teng a talking to for the moment. --09:24, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Neutral leanıng towards support on condıtıons - I belıeve thıs ısnt a bad ıdea. It may go through some trouble but ıt couldd easıly work out. Id rather do thıs though: (Beıng the good runescaper I am thıs ıs just to mantaın the actıvıty of the clan.) I say someone leave a message (preferably a respected crat or admın), on C Tengs talk page and ask hım for the password. I realıze thıs breaks runescapes rules but ıf we wantto mantaın the rankıng of users wıthout changıng chats ıt may be needed. --ço¬Ø 10:44, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- I don't really see why we need rankings above sergeants. Basically, you're going to kick trusted users and some really rare kiddy vandal that might spam the cc. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 10:51, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Comment C Teng cannot give the R S Wikia account to anyone else as that would fall foul of the rules regarding character sharing. I feel that tipit has a very good system by way of "unofficially" officially having the clan chat hosted by an established and trusted member of staff. Currently the tipit cc is under the user Forsakenmage but has been different in the past and may change again in the future. The chat is advertised prominiently via a sticky in the forums so people know exactly where to go. I feel this would eliminate confusion and problems this wiki has had with people registered all sorts of similar sounding names R S Wikia/RSWikia/RS Wiki/RS Wikia... etc. I never liked that it was referred to as R S Wikia anyway as it confuses people as to what this site actually is. We are the Runescape WIKI NOT WIKIA. Wikia is the hosting company we use. To clarify my points:
- Elect a user (preferably a bcrat) who is active in-game as well as on-wiki to "host" the cc.
- Close down all RSwiki sounding cc's that various people have registered
- Advertise the cc name on this wiki. Wiki page constains a list of people who are ranked in the event that the person goes AWOL or is banned (unlikely) for any reason.
- Azaz would be a great user then. I see him in-game often. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 12:31, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Huge Oppose - It just doesn't sound right. The clan chat we got now is perfectly fine so whats the point and also the following about ranked users:
- We don't need much ranked user's as a spammer rarely comes into the chat.
- If you pass a RFA/RFB/RFF then if you get a clan chat rank, what does that show, everyone knows your a admin...ge
Oppose - I see no reason to make any changes at the time being.
13:12, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - "If it ain't broke..." - why would we need another Clan Chat? This one works. It brings the community together. C Teng is as active as he needs to be. As Stelecrus said, you sound like you're just doing it due power hunger. Doucher4000******r4000 14:10, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Complete Oppose, per D4K. Also, any changes will cause confusion, however they are handled. If C teng decides to retire than he should pass on the password, but we shouldn't change the cc name unless its totally unaviodable. --Serenity1137 15:30, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
- Under no circumstances shall ownership of the R S Wikia character pass hands to someone else. This is a blatant rule break of the Runescape rules. Its no wonder we have not yet partnered with Jagex on the fansite list when people have this stance and say it publicly. -- Mercifull (Talk) 20:55, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Having an inactive Clan Chat manager would start to be problems months from now if he continued to be inactive. At this moment, things are just fine. I'm sure he'll be back before such problems arise. Chiafriend12Loon is best buttlord 21:04, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - As of right now, he may be a bit inactive, but very few, if any, of us know why. Let's give him some time, and if it ever comes that he never comes back, then a new clan chat will be needed. ~MuzTalk 21:07, 30 June 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - It is really nice of you that you have already made an account named The Rs Wiki, but I think we don't need any other Clan Chat. The rankings in the CC are not necessary. Who cares. Because the real ranking are written on this website. I don't really think you will be the founder of our new CC, sorry. This one we have now (R S Wikia) is working fine and I don't know how could it break down. And with inactive owner the chance to break down is even smaller : ) And I also have an oppose at Mercifull: How would you want to advertise it ? Join the new Rs Wiki clan chat ! We got cookies ! :D No, really the R S Wikia is completely alright.21:11, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
- Reasons to move away from R S Wikia CC
- It's a terrible name. We are not a wikia we are a wiki. Wikia is the hosting company name we are with. It is a misleading name to expect people to use and remember.
- I don't really know what you are getting at about the cookies advertising but I would expect the clan chat name to be advertised at just like it is now. There should be no gifts or incentives to join it as that would be breaking Runescape rules.
- It gives a friendly face for someone that should be very active. If you join the CC Forsakenmage which is the Tip.it CC then you will see what I mean.
- MMG has stated that they are working on separating friends lists and clan chats. This is something that would be very benefitial in the future.
- If an active member of the Wiki staff is chosen to host the clan chat people can be sure that they can contact them if need be. Ranks can be added swiftly and people kicked where necessary.
- At the moment Cteng seems to have gone AWOL, if this happens in future then we change the host of the clan chat.
- Having a proper host and a set of ground rules would mean that friends of the person would not be ranked and able to abuse powers. Only rswiki staff would recieve ranks in this new CC.
- Don't repost this in a new forum thread, that will be forum shopping, it is clear that this proposal will not go through it has has been almost unanimously opposed... --Serenity1137 17:51, 7 July 2009 (UTC)
Request for closure per SNOW --Serenity1137 21:20, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Oppose - Umm..Lv3,you do realize that you're not the most active of users? There's no point in getting a new CC.
1)It would be very hard to notify all the users of a new CC. 2)What's the point? Our CC is fine as it is... 3)As Doush said,it aint broke,so we don't need to fix it... 4)It seems you only want to do this so you can rank who you want to....
I don't mean to offend you,but it just seems to be a grab for power. And it seems everyone else agrees,so I Request for Closure --
17:54, 7 July 2009 (UTC)