Forum:Model gallery project/data from the cache
So tomorrow I will get a new computer wich will be able to run 3DALOG. According to one of my latest model dump there approx 115k models. What I want to do is screenshot ALL the models and posting them in a gallery similar to this. where you could visualize all the models in game and fix all the images that need to be retaken/need transparency. Since we (or atleast me) have a 833 dump of item/location (objects)/npc dump wich list the model they use, thus no need to search for its model.
So what I should do?
- All models
- Models from 2013 and onwards
- Models from prif release (833) and onwards
I also managed to dump all sort of data fom the cache and found an archive that contains miscellanous text (likely for interfaces,chat messages and probably some other things) also it contains colors code like:
<col=ffffff>, so my question is do I should/can release that data? Manpaint55 (talk) 18:04, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
- Do you want these to replace existing item/scenery/NPC images on the wiki, or are they just going into a gallery?
- What angle are you going to take these pictures at? For items there's an ideal angle (specified by the cache), but for other models not so much.
- How large are you going to make them? IIRC the 3DALOG still doesn't have anti-aliasing, so you're going to want to make them huge if you want them to replace HQ images on the wiki.
- You'll probably want a more recent cache dump.
- I have a script that dumps arbitrary models/angles from the 3DALOG to a local server. Do you want it, or do you have another strategy for dumping them?
- I actually have a folder with about 12000 giant perfect detailed item images that nobody uploaded. Do you (or anyone else) want to do something with those? ʞooɔ 19:15, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
I have actually no idea, I wasn`t even aware of that, maybe I will be able to found a workaround tomorrow.
@Cook Me Ploox
- only for those that need it.
- I will attempt to get around the same angle as they are already on the wiki.
- I guess it will depends on the image.
- I can dump data from the live game anytime.
- If it is all models then yes.
- Yes I would take it, and you should resize them and upload them to the wiki for items that need it. Manpaint55 (talk) 20:12, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
So does that mean you're going to take the pictures manually? That's the main issue here -- you can either automate the dumps if you have specified angles and such that you want to match, but if you're doing it by hand, then automation by script is not gonna be very useful. Here is the dump of all of the item images that you might want to use. I don't have time to upload them, but they most likely can be directly put onto the wiki. ʞooɔ 21:33, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
I want first to have a general overall look of all model, for now the angle don`t matter very much, if you can just take an angle that you think is good and dump all the models (all using same angle), that will save me so much time if you want to do so.
Also nice items dump,I`m defentifily going to fix some deatailed image that need it. Edit: Is there a way to download all of them in a .zip or something, because navigating in Google drive is hell for me. Manpaint55 (talk) 22:08, December 2, 2016 (UTC)
Update I was able to automate a dump from 3DALOG, problem is it can dump approx 500 models pics before there a request overflow thingy. So I think I will create an index of models with references instead.00:26, December 8, 2016 (UTC)
Closing Request No one talk anymore and, I have something that will remplace it that will probably take a whole yew grove tread.
23:39, December 9, 2016 (UTC)
Closed by author request, continued in Forum:Informations from the cache -- 01:58, December 11, 2016 (UTC)