Forum:Linking to halfway down a page
Say I was working on a page and I wanted to link to information on another page, but only one section of that page applies. How do I make it so when the reader clicks the link it automatically goes to the right part without them having to scroll down?
--Wowbagger421 23:05, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- I think you can use the subsections and # bookmark links, eg Magic#Spells
- You can link to an anchor, but you cannot redirect to an anchor (unless that gets improved in a later Mediawiki version). It will also fail to position to the anchor if you open in a new tab or window. Ace of Risk 16:33, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks Ace. It worked fine when I opened it in a new tab though. --Wowbagger421 19:33, 7 November 2006 (UTC)
- What browser? IE7 here, and it will not jump to an anchor on a new tab, or a new window. Ace of Risk 19:53, 7 November 2006 (UTC)
- Oh, right. I forgot that IE has tabs now. Have you considered switching to Firefox? I'd really recommend it. --Wowbagger421 22:24, 7 November 2006 (UTC)