Forum:It's-a me, Wikifest 2017!
Sup yall, I figured I'd throw this on the yg for a number of reasons, but basically we're resurrecting the Wikifest under the management (God I hope so) of the Events Team for good old 2k17. Odds are you haven't even heard that there's going to be one - and so soon (this Saturday, 10 June) unless you've been hearing me soapbox the clan in the past few days, have been looking at the #events channel on Discord, or are a member of the ET (lol). Ok well the page has been written up, probably with most of the errors weeded out, here RuneScape:Events Team/Wikifest 2017 by me like a few hours ago. The event program and locations or whatever are pretty much confirmed, though we still have a couple things that need to be ironed out. Those things are basically which fc to use, time, who hosts/MC's/is otherwise a helper for each event, some other stuff I'm probably forgetting, and other thoughts/comments/opinions others may have.
|The current event program from the ET page|
REALLY REALLY IMPORTANT: For this year's Wikifest, you do not need membership to participate in the whole event. This weekend is Open Weekend from 12:00 UTC 9 June to 12:00 UTC 12 June. Therefore all program events will be on a members world.
FC: In the past the fc's have been personal ones or cc's or whatever. Where we have it isn't a big deal, and probably won't need muting and unmuting like the old days when we were all like 14-15 lol. Right now we defaulted the fc to be Gaz's (Gaz Lloyd) but assuming we keep the original time of 18:00 UTC, he won't be around during that time. TyA has mentioned he has the Activities fc, which we could use, or we can use the fc of an ET member who's present at the time. But like I said lol this isn't a big deal.
Time: It is currently set that it will be hosted 18:00 UTC, which is afternoon for the US, evening for Europe, and literally the middle of the night for Asia/Australia. I know there's no one time that's convenient for everyone, but I figure that the in-game clannies and probably anyone reading this will be the main people who would want to attend. There have been some ideas floating around - keep the time 18:00 UTC, change the time forward or backward, or host two wikifests.
Supposing we host one Wikifest, the main choices are probably these three. Keep in mind that this is for the start time, and the program will run for a little more than 2 hours provided we don't lag behind or something.
|Time options #1|
16:00 UTC - Two hours earlier
18:00 UTC - This is the original planned time
20:00 UTC - Two hours later
If we host two Wikifests, the time choices would probably be these...maybe? Also it'd probably be hosted the same day, 10 June, before the US-friendly Wikifest.
|Time options #2|
Beyond that, hosting two Wikifests would be able to cover more people, but would also take another team of hosts available during that time and double the funding for prizes, etc. If we were to take that route then it'd only be practical if we could run it well rather than having a lackluster event.
Who's helping?: The main things we're looking at here are:
- WHERE WE GETTING DIS MONEY FROM? - This is the biggest one, I guess. For most of the events lately that have involved prizes, I've usually funded most of it from my bank or Gaz from his own bank or the ET treasury (that still exists, right?). Fellow ET member Clue Scrolls (IGN: Tumeken) has offered to contribute some treasure trails rewards for the drop party. So if you're willing to fund some prizes, let us know somewhere like here or on discord or in game and we'll totally not embezzle anything you give us for this purpose. Any contributions to the drop party can be done on your own using the chest at the Party Room. Furthermore, if people do want two wikifests hosted, then obviously there will be double the funding required. Just something to keep in mind.
- Costume contest judges - 3-5 people? Also prooooobably will not be allowed to participate in the contests, unless you guys think they should. I don't really care lol. Throw out some ideas or volunteer I guess.
- Zombie tag starter zombies - This is one person per round, not a big deal, probably gonna be me or Gaz or someone else who REALLY wants to do it at the time. Only gonna be a couple rounds for time's sake.
- Menaphos flash mob helpers - Not really gonna put a number on this but I guess anyone helping with this would either lead a train of people or hand out stuff like cabbages, compost, kebabs, MENAPHITE ACTION KILTS, and other memes like that for the event. Pretty minor, but would make a difference imo.
- Hunger Games MC - This is again one person, times however many rounds we end up doing, which will probably only be a few. This person just tells people to enter the arena individually at the start of the round and then keeps track of who gets eliminated. That means this person will not be participating in the rounds, by the way.
Yeah that's about it I think, or that's all I can remember. Any thoughts/comments/concerns/a n g e r y glares or fist-shaking in my general direction can be dropped below. I hope we can agree on something that can work for as many people as possible, and most importantly I hope you guys can attend and have fun n stuff. BE THERE, LOSERS!
Thanks yall,06:31, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - I'm still not sure how this one will, but I think we should keep one wikifest option for now (20:00 UTC) and see how it goes. If we do have a big(ger) turnout than we thought, or if we receive a lot of complaints after(or before) the wikifest about how people cannot attend, then we should change it. I also looked past archives and it seemed like most tend to start at 20:00. While looking through the events too, I saw a somewhat neat event. we could grab snow globes and help cool menaphos down. Afterwards, we just grab our brooms and sweep. Powers38 おはようヾ(´･ω･｀) 06:45, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - Honestly, just have it at 20utc. 18utc is much too early for me and I'd really like to help out/participate. It -may- be a tad late for europe buts its a hell lot better than 4am in the morning for Aussies. Also the sweep menaphos idea is one I could get behind10:13, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - 20:00 seems the most optimal time. Two wikifests just sound confusing, let's not do that. I'll help in any way I can if you need volunteers. And, the list of events seems good. I wanted to go bossing but the most inclusive bosses are the most boring and Hunger Games seems like a better alternative. Also, that's not how you spell 'angery' god panjy smh17:26, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
Comment - Personally 18:00 is better for me than 20:00, as I work in the evenings, so I do most of my 'scaping and wiki'ing in the early afternoon before or later at night after. However, I still think that having just ONE 'fest is going to work out better. Since this hasn't been done in awhile (as I understand) I'm not sure we can expect a huge turnout. As above, if there is massive push for a different time, or for having two due to time zones, I am not opposed, but I think the best option this time around is just pick the one time that is as inclusive as possible. That said, I will attend if I am available, but its a "Maybe" for me, depending on the time. In terms of events, I personally like the ideas for more "fun" events, like the proposed snowglobes in Menaphos, theme parades, etc. These events are more open to all types of players, and don't require certain skill sets like bossing, etc. I think bossing or minigames even are best suited to their own events - this should be about getting together with friends, chatting, hanging out, and just enjoying the comradery. If we can pin down a time ASAP, I could be more solid about attending or not, so I can't really volunteer for anything until then, unfortunately.17:43, June 7, 2017 (UTC)
I think 18:00 UTC is the best balance between having the Wikifest too early for PST and too late for EET (and it's also the only time I would be able to make it). --04:21, June 8, 2017 (UTC)
Closed - Wikifest is over. --03:50, June 11, 2017 (UTC)