Forum:Inventory icons and other NXT issues
With NXT out as a beta, we're probably going to see a lot of possible changes to the game. A big one that concerns me is:
I don't know if this will be the same in the live game, but we should decide now whether or not to use textures. I think the answer is obvious: If Cook Me Plox can automate textures, use textures; otherwise, use whatever he can automate.
Also, general NXT issues-that-affect-the-wiki thread.
Support Cook MolMan 14:34, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
Comment - Will we do both textured and non-textured or pick one of them depending on the result of this section?15:10, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- For now, don't upload any new inventory icons. It's literally not worth the effort. MolMan 15:13, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- I won't add any new ones, because my images usually get tagged and replaced anyway :P, I was just wondering which we were going to do when NXT is live instead in beta. 15:22, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
Keep normal icons - I.e. what the current Java game has. If HTML5 and the beta are any indication, the icons avec textures will be one huge glitchmess.09:54, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
- Even without textures, NXT currently has different icon angles. Every file needs to be retaken if they stay this way. MolMan 13:56, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
- ...well, crap. 15:30, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
Neutralish-Oppose I need someone to give me a good argument to why we should switch over, if they aren't gonna be in the live game. -- 16:30, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Did you even read? As it currently stands, they are going to be in the live game. MolMan 16:33, February 24, 2016 (UTC)
- You are correct, I did not read the whole thing. That's on me. I apologise. I was in a hurry and [Insert More Excuses Here]. I'll read carefully. -- 14:25, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
- Neutral - After reading closely, I have decided that I'm chaotic neutral, like those dank memes i see on Google+ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) -- 14:30, February 25, 2016 (UTC)
Hello MolMan 14:34, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Hi! 15:12, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
Other images[edit source]
Inventory icons aside, should we begin retaking other types of images (e.g. equipped images, area images)?
- Should we wait until NXT is actually released or begin retaking images while it is still in beta?
- If we retake images before NXT release should we start straight away or wait for later beta weekends?
- What needs to be retaken: should we retake everything or only things that look different from how they are in the existing client?
16:23, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Well, someone (Italay) has already done some Priff clan distric image retakes in NXT. I kept [[:File:Piscatoris Hunter area (NXT Beta client).png|mine]] to the NXT page though, as I didn't know where else it would be welcome. 16:41, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Wait until NXT is actually released. As we should know by now, a beta to Jagex is an alpha to any other software company. Things will change. --Saftzie (talk) 17:35, February 19, 2016 (UTC)
- Retake locations/maybe scenery if they look better in nxt, and DIIs/equipped stuff/NPCs if the jpeg textures are gone, otherwise there is no point. 15:31, February 20, 2016 (UTC)
AA - FXAA is bad. MSAA for wiki images. MolMan 19:38, February 21, 2016 (UTC)
Closed - There isn't much discussion to be had. So far, people agree that NXT icons will not be updated until they are pushed to the live game. Liquid 21:16, March 8, 2016 (UTC)