Forum:Inventory icons - NXT - final proposal
Proposal: Use Java icons only until that client is fully phased out. In the mean time, search/beg for a solution, ideally an NXT equivalent of https://secure.runescape.com/l=0/a=0/m=itemdb_rs/obj_sprite.gif?id=1337.
We have over 21,000 inventory icons, and I'm not about to go through the trouble of manual updates.
Support - as nom MolMan 13:54, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
- If that's your stance we need to discuss graphics options, since those inventory icons are affected by that. MolMan 13:58, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
- Forgive my ignorance, because I haven't actually played NXT yet, but wouldn't this just be "the highest graphics setting" on max AA? -- 18:30, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
Comment - The status below the one linked suggests there's 37,000 icons yet we only have 21,000. Anyone know where the 16,000 difference came from? Also, as this resource apparently exists, has anyone considered simply asking for it? cqm 14:11, 15 Apr 2016 (UTC) (UTC)
- Noted items, dummy items, skill guide icons. Nothing to worry about. We've got the list of every possible item, and we've made sure to get pretty much everything we consider important. A quick search tells me well over 6000 items are just noted versions. MolMan 14:13, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
Comment - Just use java. Look at runes, for instance, they're not supposed to be red and I imagine many items among those 21.000 are also bugged. I ain't bothering with updating any of this, that's utter madness. ;-;16:48, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
- "they're not supposed to be red"
- Those ones are. MolMan 21:30, April 16, 2016 (UTC)
Strong Support Looks like there's finally been a nice compromise. --18:28, April 15, 2016 (UTC)
Change of plans - We've received an image from Jagex containing all inventory icons up to ID 36899 (Fletcher's headwear). As this is our best bet for staying current, I think the icons here should set the standard. Icons should have textures enabled. MolMan 17:45, April 18, 2016 (UTC)
Question - Now that we have the vast majority of icons, we should decide if we want to replace java icons with NXT, or have NXT in addition to java icons.19:53, April 18, 2016 (UTC)
- Replace... Having both is literally not worth the effort, even if automated. MolMan 19:55, April 18, 2016 (UTC)